Are you ready for a career where fun means business? Join us at SmileMakers, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
As SM Assistant Merchandiser, you are responsible for...
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Support and adhere to SmileMakers’ Vision and Values Statement.
2. Process customer requests for imprinted products not in our offer.
3. Research availability of products and costs, minimum order qty and lead times using internal and ASI vendors.
4. Negotiate volume pricing based on customer needs or Merchandise Dept. forecasts.
5. Enter product information for each customer order in Quotes database.
6. Communicate accurate and timely quote details to Outbound sales team.
7. Assist Merchandisers in finding new products to add to SM product offer.
8. Help select products for web promotions, CS Upsells and catalog covers.
9. Confirm product availability, pricing and MOQs for potential new SM products.
10. Enter new product information on the New Product spreadsheet in a timely and accurate manner to meet Purchasing and Creative Dept. deadlines.
11. Review competitors’ offers to compare pricing and product offers.
12. Run Square Inch and SFG reports to help evaluate sales trends and customer comments.
13. Execute and evaluate Merchandise and Purchasing reports as needed for research.
14. Proof all new catalogs to ensure accuracy of product pricing, codes, descriptions and images are accurate.
15. Prepare for and present CS New Product Training.
16. Provide input to develop a strong social media presence.
17. Abide by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company and SmileMakers
18. Maintain regular and predictable attendance
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to communicate effectively with employees of organization
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume
• Ability to apply concepts of algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Must have strong computer skills.
• Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office software applications including Excel, Access, Word, Outlook and numerous Internet browsers.
• One year certificate from college or technical school
• One to three years related merchandising, sourcing and systems set-up experience and/or training or equivalent combination of experience and education is preferred
Other Qualifications and Physical Requirements
• Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
• Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Description of Working Conditions
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
|Date Posted||December 5, 2018|
|Date Closes||December 20, 2018|
|Located In||Spartanburg, SC|