Are you ready for a career where fun means business? Join us at Fun Express/Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
General Summary of Purpose:
The Assistant Merchant partners with a customer-centric Merchant Team to execute key merchandising strategies. Assists in identified sales opportunities that meet the marketing and merchandising objectives of the company. The Assistant Merchant experience is a comprehensive development-based role, designed to facilitate a robust Merchandising career path. Partners with Product Design, Sourcing, E-Commerce, Creative, Personalization, Inventory, and Corporate Communications.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Build a sense of brand, customer and trend awareness.
2. Have a general understanding of internal business trends by analyzing reports.
3. Assist in providing merchandise assortment input and concepting of new items.
4. Approve photography and copy, maintaining customer solution focus.
5. Assist Associate Merchant in E-book and Soft Proofing processes for catalogs by reviewing overall catalog spreads; make necessary changes to remove and replace items in offers if needed.
6. Assists Associate Merchant and E-Commerce to provide direction for web navigation, attribution, homepage rotations, landing pages, e-mail campaigns, Web content, social networking and seasonal promotions.
7. Assist Divisional Merchandising Manager with partnerships between Merchandising and Corporate Communications to include events, promotions, product donations, and product placement ads. Assist in partnering with Corporate Communications and vendors on external brand awareness projects; act as a community ambassador.
8. Ability to bridge and enhance cooperative working relationships, both internally and externally.
9. Develop and propose process and procedural changes which will improve operation of the department. Participate fully in initiatives such as MAPS & PIM.
10. Coordinate and execute web and catalog content and projects.
11. Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
12. Abide by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company.
13. Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice.
14. Work in the Merchandising Department office environment requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors.
1. Perform other duties and projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to analyze quantitative data
• Ability to communicate appropriately to all levels of the organization
• Ability to drive focus, set priorities and remain flexible in an on-going changing environment
• Build strong communication, presentation, negotiation and influencing skills.
• Ability to walk, sit and stand for short and extended periods of time
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Merchandising or Business or equivalent work experience is preferred
• One to three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of experience and education is preferred
• Utilize the following systems: Microsoft Office: Excel, Access, Word, Power Point. AS400/MAPS, Comet, Stratum, PIM Lotus Notes, Phone, Copier, Printer, and other miscellaneous office equipment
Description of Working Conditions
Work in a fast paced environment that requires meeting many deadlines and changes in work priorities.
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
To apply in less than ten minutes, log in to Ultipro.
• Click on the “Myself” tab
• Click on the “My Company” tab
• Click on “View Opportunities” from this section
ATTENTION: If you are creating a new profile, you must Save the profile information and then login with your new user when prompted to complete the application process.
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
Fun Express, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com), the nation’s leading business to business supplier of toys, novelties, giftware and premiums welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
|Date Posted||December 5, 2018|
|Date Closes||December 20, 2018|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|