1. Researches, analyzes, and maintains competitive wage and salary
practices to meet company objectives.
2. Monitors and maintains compensation-related data integrity via HRMS
3. Serves as the project leader for all pay programs including base pay,
bonus, merit and holiday pay programs taking into account internal and
external pay equity.
4. Maintains salary structures, merit guidelines and associated
5. Participates in third party salary surveys to ensure appropriate
assessment of the relevant salary market to ensure competitive pay
practices. Identifies benchmark jobs and condenses all applicable
information into a usable format for analysis, reporting and presentation
6. Perform timely job analysis of new positions; may interview job
incumbents or management to collect pertinent information to determine a
competitive pay rate.
7. Work collaboratively with Payroll, Finance, Talent Acquisition and HRIS to
ensure new hires are being hired at a competitive rate of pay across
business units, and the accurate and timely processing of pay changes.
8. Evaluate job positions, determining classification, exempt or non-exempt
status, and salary. Prepare job descriptions and maintain proper
9. Keeps apprised of federal, state, and local compensation laws and
regulations in order to ensure company compliance.
10. Manages relationships with 3rd party software vendors and internal IT
resources to ensure the integrity of compensation data
11. Prepare and monitor department budgets and coordinate budget process
for the HR department.
12. Abides by policies and procedures of the Human Resource Department
and Oriental Trading Company
13. Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
ï?· Proficient knowledge in MS Office Suite
ï?· General compensation knowledge and knowledge of compliance with
state and federal laws that apply to industry.
ï?· Able to handle and safeguard confidential information on a daily basis.
ï?· Mathematical aptitude and strong problem solving and analytical skills.
ï?· Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of
alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
ï?· Understanding of how the organization functions.
ï?· Excellent written and verbal communications skills and strong
interpersonal skills to ensure good working relationships with other
ï?· Able to effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet
ï?· Demonstrate basic computer knowledge through effective use of a
personal computer including Microsoft Office applications. Able to learn
company specific compensation applications/products.
ï?· Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers,
clients and other external contacts.
ï?· Knowledge relevant laws and regulations including, FLSA, Equal Pay Act,
Title VII, Tax, Accounting, and SEC regulations, related to compensation
ï?· Ability to perform job duties in a safe manner
ï?· Bachelors Degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education
ï?· PHR certification preferred
ï?· CCP certification preferred
ï?· Minimum three years compensation experience.
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
To apply in less than ten minutes, log in to Ultipro.
• Click on the “Myself” tab
• Click on the “My Company” tab
• Click on “View Opportunities” from this section
ATTENTION: If you are creating a new profile, you must Save the profile information and then login with your new user when prompted to complete the application process.
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com) is the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies andwelcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company is the nation's largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, school supplies, toys and novelties. Recognized as one of the Top 20 Internet Retailers based on customer satisfaction, Oriental Trading offers over 40,000 products to consumers, educators, businesses and non-profit organizations. Oriental Trading employs approximately 1,600 employees and makes the world more fun with items ranging from pink flamingos and wedding favors to holiday decorations, educational games and crafts. In 2013, Oriental Trading acquired MindWare, an award-winning creator and manufacturer of educational toys and in 2014, acquired SmileMakers, the leader in patient giveaways and practice promotion products. Oriental Trading is a Berkshire Hathaway company.
|Date Posted||December 4, 2018|
|Date Closes||December 19, 2018|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|