Are you ready for a career where fun means business? Join us at Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
General Summary of Purpose:
Responsible for ensuring compliance with US Customs for the clearance of all imported cargo entering the US, including Parcel, Ocean and Air Freight. Acts as the Subject Matter Expert on the systems used for US Customs compliance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Compile and prepare data for submission to US Customs for cargo release and Importer Security Filings (ISF) in a timely manner.
2. Develop, implement, and ensure execution on import compliance policies and procedures.
3. Conduct compliance audits and track performance gaps. Formulate corrective action plans as necessary.
4. Maintain the AD/CVD Determination database for all existing and new items. Ensure that new items are evaluated and added to the database if in scope of an AD/CVD order.
5. Provide technical consultation to OTC Brands associates on import/export compliance issues.
6. Address vendor issues regarding importing goods.
7. Remain current on new or revised US import and export regulatory requirements to ensure continued company compliance. Ensure the Customs team is aware of any pertinent changes to the regulations.
8. Act as Subject Matter Expert for the internal systems that are used for HTS classification and Customs related maintenance.
9. Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
10. Abide by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company, Inc.
• Update and maintain accurate reference information
• Maintain tariff classifications of items
• Weekly payment processing for US Customs
• Maintain proper documentation files
• Other duties as assigned
• High School degree or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
• Customs Brokerage license required
• Minimum of 3-5 years prior experience with US Customs and other governmental regulations regarding importing and exporting of inventory
• Experience in high volume distribution or fulfillment environment preferred
• Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, and AS400 preferred
Other Qualifications and Physical Requirements
PC, telephone, facsimile machine, copier, calculator
Dimensions of Responsibility
Responsible for facilitating clearance of all imported cargo entering the US, including Parcel, Ocean and Air Freight. Works with outside vendors, freight carriers, and consolidators to facilitate clearance of cargo. Internally, this position may require communication with various departments including Merchandising, Sourcing, Inventory, Accounts Payable, Transportation, and Receiving.
Description of Working Conditions
Works in normal office environment with frequent interruptions.
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
To apply in less than ten minutes, log in to Ultipro.
• Click on the “Myself” tab
• Click on the “My Company” tab
• Click on “View Opportunities” from this section
ATTENTION: If you are creating a new profile, you must Save the profile information and then login with your new user when prompted to complete the application process.
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com) is the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies andwelcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company is the nation's largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, school supplies, toys and novelties. Recognized as one of the Top 20 Internet Retailers based on customer satisfaction, Oriental Trading offers over 40,000 products to consumers, educators, businesses and non-profit organizations. Oriental Trading employs approximately 1,600 employees and makes the world more fun with items ranging from pink flamingos and wedding favors to holiday decorations, educational games and crafts. In 2013, Oriental Trading acquired MindWare, an award-winning creator and manufacturer of educational toys and in 2014, acquired SmileMakers, the leader in patient giveaways and practice promotion products. Oriental Trading is a Berkshire Hathaway company.
|Date Posted||November 9, 2018|
|Date Closes||November 24, 2018|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|