Product Development Summer 2019 Intern
Oriental Trading Company, Inc. Omaha, NE
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Modifies and creates new product templates with accurate specifications.
- Completes backend work for new products, including: reviewing specifications, checking files, uploading files to FTP site, saving files to server and updating item details in PIM.
- Designs retail packaging, using existing templates.
- Creates 3-D mock-ups of new products to ensure proper construction and functionality.
- Designs new products based on artwork requests and direction from Solution Teams, Product Design Supervisors and Director of Product Development.
- Creates photo projects to be featured in print and online. This may include drawing, painting, assembling and embellishing wood, foam, canvas and various other craft materials.
- Maintain regular, predictable attendance
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High quality portfolio that demonstrates excellent hand drawing skills, computer design skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to multi task and work creatively within the pressure of deadlines.
- Must have excellent organizational, communication and time management skills.
- Must be proficient in a Macintosh environment using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Must have an excellent attitude and be receptive to art direction and input from others.
- Juniors or Seniors enrolled in a four-year college program focused on Graphic Design, Illustration or Industrial Design.
Uses all drawing tools, Macintosh computers and peripheral equipment, various printers and office copiers. Art materials, craft supplies and tools also utilized.
Dimensions of Responsibility
Mentored by a seasoned team of Product Development professionals including Product and Technical Designers and Management. To support the department’s objectives and to gain a broad understanding and hands-on experience from a corporate Product Development Department.
Description of Working Conditions
A fast-paced creative environment with frequent interruptions and changing deadlines. Surrounded by enthusiastic and friendly co-workers.
| Date Posted
November 2, 2018
| Date Closes
November 17, 2018
| Located In
| SOC Category