- Compile and prepare data for submission to US Customs for cargo release and Importer Security Filings (ISF) in a timely manner.
- Develop, implement, and ensure execution on import compliance policies and procedures.
- Conduct compliance audits and track performance gaps. Formulate corrective action plans as necessary.
- Maintain the AD/CVD Determination database for all existing and new items. Ensure that new items are evaluated and added to the database if in scope of an AD/CVD order.
- Provide technical consultation to OTC Brands associates on import/export compliance issues.
- Address vendor issues regarding importing goods.
- Remain current on new or revised US import and export regulatory requirements to ensure continued company compliance. Ensure the Customs team is aware of any pertinent changes to the regulations.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for the internal systems that are used for HTS classification and Customs related maintenance.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Abide by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company, Inc.
- Update and maintain accurate reference information
- Maintain tariff classifications of items
- Weekly payment processing for US Customs
- Maintain proper documentation files
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High School degree or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- Customs Brokerage license required
- Minimum of 3-5 years prior experience with US Customs and other governmental regulations regarding importing and exporting of inventory
- Experience in high volume distribution or fulfillment environment preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, and AS400 preferred
Other Qualifications and Physical Requirements
Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Excellent customer service skills needed for interaction with both internal and external customers
Ability to perform mathematical computations
Effective problem solving and organizational skills
Ability to handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions and meet deadlines
PC, telephone, facsimile machine, copier, calculator
Dimensions of Responsibility
Responsible for facilitating clearance of all imported cargo entering the US, including Parcel, Ocean and Air Freight. Works with outside vendors, freight carriers, and consolidators to facilitate clearance of cargo. Internally, this position may require communication with various departments including Merchandising, Sourcing, Inventory, Accounts Payable, Transportation, and Receiving.
Description of Working Conditions
Works in normal office environment with frequent interruptions.