As the Sourcing Manager, you will research, develop and manage suppliers that meet the product supply requirements of the assigned categories. Develop and implement sourcing strategies, including short, medium and long term for the assigned product categories. Manage agent and supplier relationships in assigned categories in order to reduce COGS, ensure product quality, meet on time delivery, support speed to market, leverage volume through key suppliers and maximize profitability.
- Develops and implements a product sourcing strategy in the assigned categories appropriate for each source region considering supplier capabilities, capacities, and growth plans, COGS reduction while maintain specified levels of product quality and functionality
- Works closely with Merchandising, Inventory, Quality, and Product Safety personnel to ensure smooth execution of product procurement
- Manages, monitors and reports COGS savings against goals, input cost trends and product quote tracking; monitors and assesses country and supplier risk
- Manages sourcing processes and procedures to successfully procure products on time which meet cost, design, quality, and value objectives, including but not limited to supplier research and development, development of supplier specification requirements for merchandise, material research and development, periodic category costing analysis and re-negotiation, cost negotiations based on parameters from merchandising, and management of pre-production, and production approval process
- Develops and publishes vendor scorecards as to cost trends, reliability, on time deliveries, product safety compliance, adherence to product quality standards, product development capabilities, and overall ease of interaction
- Develops strategies to optimize supplier base and leverage order volumes. This includes consolidation, expansion or shifts of supplier base as required.
- Performs a consultant role for merchants and design with regard to problem solving and identifying opportunities for improving design execution, quality, and cost, executing enhancements on existing products and
- Troubleshoots production/delivery problems in the assigned categories
- Coordinates relevant sourcing information with all support areas: QA, Testing, Inspections, Packaging, Inventory and Imports
- Maintains close coordination with agents and suppliers
Heres what you need to join the fun:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in off shore sourcing and buying/merchandising in a retail or consumer product organization is required
- Possesses a strong knowledge of sourcing
- Ability to travel several times per year to Asia
- Must maintain an active US Passport
- Possesses an understanding of effective supplier relationships in Asia
- Commodity knowledge in plastic, wood, fabric and packaging is desirable
To apply in less than ten minutes click the Apply button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myOTCcareer.com
So grab this opportunity and transform the daily grind into a thriving career, where fun is all in a day's work!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com), the nation's leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!