Job Title: Student Nutrition Services Worker - OPS
Location - TBD
MINIMUM JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Current enrollment in an OPS high school setting
- Demonstrate proficiency of the English language to read and communicate with others
- Demonstrate good attendance record in school
- Evidence of sensitivity and respect for others
- Ability to communicate with others in a courteous, professional manner
- Ability to apply simple understanding to carry out detailed but basic written and/or oral instructions
- Ability to read and use information from written materials and visual displays
- Ability to lift and/or move and reposition objects and materials
- Ability to bend, kneel, stoop and maintain balance while performing job related tasks
- Ability to work in standing/walking positions on a constant basis throughout the work shift
Reports to: School Cafeteria Manager and Principal, and Executive Director of Nutrition Services
Work Schedule: Varies
Salary: minimum wage
Hours to Work: daytime and weekdays 0-19 Hours Per Week
Job Code: CAFE
Salary Plan: HBB/59W/Step 1
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SPECIFIC DUTIES
Primary responsibilities include
- Assisting with serving lunch under direction of the Cafeteria Manager.
- Assisting with replenishing the serving lines and condiment areas.
- Assisting in dish machine and performing tasks related to area.
- May be asked to perform tasks in other areas of kitchen such as washing tables and putting away clean kitchen utensils.
- Arrive on time for scheduled duty hours.
- Practice good personal hygiene habits to include: clean clothes daily, clean hair daily, hands free of any cuts or open sores, no facial hair, clean nails no longer than 1/8 of an inch, no nail polish permitted, proper shoes that cover the entire foot area and socks, no jewelry such as watches, rings and or bracelets and large earrings.
- Hair must be completely covered and secured under your hairnet. Hair nets are provided, and must be worn. If student worker has any facial hair it is mandatory they wear a beard guard while on duty.
- Double hand wash before beginning your shift and after your hair net has been put on to cover your hair.
- Demonstrate ability to understand and follow all directions provided.
- Responsible to follow all safety procedures while working in kitchen. Horseplay will not be tolerated at any time.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate with kitchen staff, school visitors, administrators and other students in a professional manner at all times.
- Follows oral and written directions accurately
- Maximum weekly work schedule allowed 10 hours per week.
* NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER