POSITION TITLE: Paraprofessional - Deaf/HoH
ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of materials or skills initially introduced and outlined by certified staff
- Model appropriate behaviors for students
- Develop and maintain a professional rapport with classroom teacher and other staff
- Assist students at arrival and dismissal of school.
- Assist in the supervision of students during lunch and recess periods
- Assist with grading and reviewing homework as instructed by the classroom teacher.
- Assist teachers in monitoring, collecting data and maintaining records regarding student performance and progress
- Ability to perform routine classroom management and maintenance duties
- Performs other duties as assigned
- An Associates degree, OR completion of 48 semester hours or 72 quarter hours at an institution of higher learning, OR demonstrated proficiency in the ability to assist in the instruction of reading, writing and mathematics via state or locally approved competency test.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality regarding student and staff information.
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, twist, balance, stoop, climb steps and reach overhead.
- Ability to work with and meet individual needs of children as directed by certified staff
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Committed to helping all students learn - assist students and reinforce learning concepts for individual or small groups
- Willingness to participate in professional development and in-service trainings
- Regular daily attendance is essential
- Demonstrates flexibility and responsiveness
- Ability to work with diverse populations and handle situations with tact and diplomacy
- Expected to interact with all internal and external customers in a friendly and professional manner
- Possess the manual dexterity, physical ability and stamina for a full day of various physical activity
Reports to: Building Principal
Work Schedule: 6 hours per day, Monday through Friday, 10 Month, Non-Exempt
Salary: Wages are administered consistent with negotiated agreement or board adopted salary schedule.
* NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.