Position and pay rate starting August 2022
POSITION: Paraprofessional, Title 1, Literacy
- Must have of 48 Semester or 72 Quarter college credit hours, an Associates degree or a passing score on the Paraprofessional Assessment Test.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge in literacy and reading strategies in elementary school setting.
- Committed to helping all children learn - assist students and reinforce learning concepts for individual or small groups.
- Willingness to participate in professional development and inservice trainings
- Regular daily attendance is essential.
- Ability to speak, read and write English proficiently.
- Demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness.
- Ability to work with diverse populations and handle situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Expected to interact with all internal and external customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality regarding student and staff information.
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, twist, balance, stoop, climb steps and reach overhead.
- Possess the manual dexterity, physical ability and stamina for a full day of various physical activity.
- Other duties as assigned.
Location: Kennedy Elementary
Reports to: Building Principal
Work Schedule: 183 duty days
Hours to Work: 7.0 hours per day
- Works with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of materials or skills initially introduced and outlined by certified staff.
- Model appropriate behaviors for students.
- Develop and maintain a professional rapport with classroom teacher and other staff.
- Assist students at arrival and dismissal of school.
- Assist in the supervision of students during lunch and recess periods.
- Assist with grading and reviewing homework as instructed by the classroom teacher.
- Assist teachers in monitoring, collecting data and maintaining records regarding student performance and progress.
- Ability to perform routine classroom management and maintenance duties.
- Performs assigned supervision of students during lunch periods and recess periods.
- Ability to organize and retrieve materials and organize schedules according to guidelines.
- Knowledge of computers with the ability to assist students with educational technology to include software.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
* NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER