Job Title: Mason
Location: Service Center, 4041 N 72 St, Omaha, NE
Reports To: Supervisor of Maintenance, Service Center
Work Schedule/FLSA Status: 261 Duty Days/ Non- Exempt
Salary Schedule: This is a full-time negotiated position. Sal grade: 50C Based on Negotiated Agreement
Position Purpose: Responsible for efficient and quality accomplishment of maintenance, repair and minor construction tasks by the craft personnel. Plans, lays out and completes small scale maintenance, repair and construction projects involving pavements and building architectural and structural components. Install and repair outdoor athletic and playground equipment. Repair and replace thermal insulation. Duties may include evening shifts.
- High school diploma or its equivalency.
- Minimum of five years of full-time journeyman-level experience in the trade.
- Physical ability to climb, kneel, stoop, walk and engage in heavy physical activities including exerting force equal to lifting 70 pounds in performance of job-related tasks.
- Ability to climb ladders and scaffolding with tools and equipment weighing a minimum of 30 pounds.
- Ability to work at heights of up to 50 feet.
- Ability to work in physically constricted areas.
- General ability to operate blasting equipment, skid loader, jackhammer, tamper air compressor, power masonry saws and articulated personnel lift
- Ability to safely operate a truck and trailer combination.
- Possess strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Skills pertinent to positive human relationships with the ability to communicate and work effectively with staff members and community in a multi-cultural setting.
- Above average attendance and work performance.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge and use of personal computers, Microsoft Office software, with work order software preferred.
- Will maintain strict confidentiality of information and records.
- Must have a valid driver's license and safe driving record.
- Ability to meet District's insurability requirements.
- Ability to pass a pulmonary function test
- Ability to pass functional assessment of physical abilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to remove and replace deteriorated masonry sections to include brick, tuck point, concrete block, and structural glazed tile.
- Ability to maintain and repair ceramic tile and quarry tile walls and flooring to include cutting, resetting and grouting.
- Ability to repair and replace insulation on piping, boilers, tanks and chillers.
- Ability to plan, install and replace professional caulk joints.
- Run blasting equipment both sand and water for graffiti removal.
- Perform asphalt repairs to include placing and patching using hot mix, cold mix and crack sealing compounds.
- Perform concrete repair and construction to include removal, forming, placing and finishing.
- Erect scaffolding in a safe manner and in conformance with OSHA guidelines.
- Mechanical skills needed to plan, assemble, install and repair playground equipment.
- Enter time and materials, and technician comments along with other information into a computerized work order system.
- Perform trade-related tasks as assigned by the Maintenance Manager or Supervisor of Maintenance
- Assist in developing and maintaining a preventive and general building maintenance prioritization plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skill require of personnel so classified.