Position Beginning: August 2022
Grant funded position
Preschool-3rd Grade Family Facilitator Job Description
The family facilitator's central role will be to assist in sustaining the family-school collaboration initiated through the 0-3 home visiting. This will include supporting child and family transitions into preschool, kindergarten, and across the primary grades. Funding is provided through the Learning Community of Douglas and Sarpy Counties.
- Provide outreach to families of enrolled preschool-3rd grade children including home visits.
- Provide support for two-way communication and information exchange between school staff and families to work toward shared developmental and learning goals for children.
- Facilitate the development of a variety of accessible opportunities for families to understand and promote their children's learning and development.
- Collaborate with school staff to facilitate parent-child groups and family engagement activities that increase families' confidence, skills, and opportunities to advocate for their children's education.
- Collaborate with community partners that will assist in linking families to needed support services and resources.
- Participate in ongoing professional development and technical assistance that will increase teamwork and collaboration within and across participating schools.
- Participate in the evaluation of the Superintendents' Early Childhood Plan implementation through documentation of program activities and assessment.
- A bachelor's degree or higher in early childhood development and education, child, youth and family studies, family science, social work or closely related field with coursework directly related to infants and toddlers.
- Bilingual language skills in English and Spanish required.
- Knowledge of early childhood development with an emphasis on preschool and early elementary that includes experience with children and families in poverty who are racially, culturally, linguistically diverse.
- Experience working in an early childhood, or parent education program that includes developing and leading developmentally appropriate interactive group experiences.
- Experience collaborating with a variety of community agencies working with children and families.
- A good driving record, reliable vehicle and personal auto insurance for making home visits to families (mileage reimbursed, as necessary).
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated capacity to work as a team player.
- Ability to develop strong, mutually respectful relationships with families and other community partners.
- Demonstrated organizational skills that blend well with the critical need for flexibility and initiative.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in different aspects of the position.
- Strong computer, written and oral communication skills.
The family facilitator is a full time/full year (12 months) position that completes job responsibilities within a flex schedule that best meets the needs of the families/children enrolled, the staff and the school. This may include late afternoon or early evening home visits, parent-child group activities, or other meetings.
Reports to: Building Principal and Staff at Buffett Early Childhood Institute
Work Period: 12 month/261 Day - Flexible