Job Title: Accounting Lead, Accounts Receivable
Location: Accounting and Finance, Teacher Administration Center (TAC), 3215 Cuming Street, Omaha NE
Reports To: Accounting Manager
Work Schedule/FLSA Status: 261 day 12-month / Exempt
Salary Schedule: Non-negotiated Specialist 92D
This position is responsible for overseeing the Accounts Receivable Office and directing the processing and recording of cash receipts, billing and collection activities, and providing support to School Treasurers.
Essential Performance Responsibilities:
- Ensures proper maintenance, filing, and storage of receipt and billing records for audit review
- Assist District staff with questions or concerns regarding the processing or status of receipts and billings
Performs other related tasks as assigned by supervisor and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Equipment: This position may require the ability to use basic office equipment such as computers, copiers, scanners, and fax machine. Must always comply with OPS’s guidelines for equipment use.
Travel: Limited travel may be required.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards:
- Must be able to respond rapidly in emergency situations.
- Must have organization, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Work in school building and central office environments.
- Contact with personnel within the district and with customers and vendors.
- Will be working under the direct supervision of the department supervisor in order to complete day to day tasks.
- Will be working with a diverse population requiring the ability to handle all situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Must understand and respond appropriately to customer needs and maintain a positive attitude with all customers and colleagues.
- Expected to interact with all internal and external customers in a friendly, professional manner and provide quick, responsive customer service.
Employee Punctuality and Appearance:
- In order for schools to operate effectively, employees are expected to perform all assigned duties and work all scheduled hours during each designated workday, unless the employee has received approved leave.
- Any deviation from assigned hours must have prior approval from the employee’s supervisor or building administrator.
- All employees are required to report to work dressed in a manner that reflects a positive image of Omaha Public Schools and is appropriate for their position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with specialization in Accounting (minimum of 24 hours in Accounting) required.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, required. Prior governmental fund experience is preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience with PeopleSoft is preferred.
- Prior supervision experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and Access) and ability to operate a computer.
- Must be self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Demonstrated proficiency in record keeping.
- Must be able to work independently and maintain the flexibility to adjust to multiple projects and priorities in a timely manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and data at all times.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be willing to take the initiative in completing projects.
- Must possess strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated attendance and work record.
- Strong customer service and phone skills required.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment..
- A working knowledge of OPS policies and procedures, principles, and practices of the organization.
- Demonstrated strong standards of professional ethics and skills pertinent to build positive human relationships and the ability to work effectively with all staff, administration, and the community.
Terms of Employment:
This position is treated as a full-time exempt classified position. The terms of your employment will be governed by applicable state laws regulating employment in a Nebraska public school and Board of Education policies, as those laws and policies may change from time to time. If your position is represented by a collective bargaining representative, then your employment will also be governed by a negotiated agreement between OPS and that collective bargaining representative.
The offer of employment is contingent upon:
- Obtaining and providing verification of all licenses, certificates, and other requirements for the position (e.g., Paraprofessionals obtaining “Highly Qualified status,” etc.), as identified and maintaining all licenses, certificates, and requirements for your position throughout employment.
- A background check which demonstrates to OPS that background is acceptable for the position.
- Verification of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (if required for position offered).
- Successful completion of a tuberculosis skin test (if required for position offered).
Omaha Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, sexual orientation, disability, age, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation or economic status in its programs, activities, employment, and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following individual has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Director for the Office of Equity and Diversity, 3215 Cuming Street, Omaha, NE 68131. (531-299-0307)
The Omaha Public School District is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process please contact the human resources department at 531-299-0240.
Omaha Public Schools