Job Title: Project Management Specialist
Location: Teacher Administration Center (TAC), 3215 Cuming Street, Omaha, NE 68131
Work Schedule/FLSA Status: 12 month/ Exempt
Salary Schedule: S04 / 92A – Specialist 1
This position is responsible for coordinating project management efforts under the direction of the Supervisor. This position will be grant funded.
Essential Performance Responsibilities:
- Coordinates Academic Recovery efforts to improve and expand support services consistently across a long-term project timeline.
- Develops and manages strategy to coordinate projects assigned by supervisor.
- Supports other project efforts as needed.
- Provides leadership to ensure that the best practices are followed.
- Models professionalism and a positive work ethic.
- Maintains and builds trust by promoting honesty and integrity.
- Adheres to the District’s ethical policies and practices.
- Complies with District, local, state, and federal laws and standards.
- Keeps abreast of technology developments relating to current trends/issues and educational needs.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by supervisor and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Equipment: This position requires the ability to use basic office equipment such as computers, copiers, scanners, and fax machine. Must always comply with OPS’s guidelines for equipment use.
Travel: Travel within the District may be required.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards:
- Must be able to respond rapidly in emergency situations.
- Must have organization, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Work in an office environment, school buildings and warehouse setting.
- Contact with personnel within the district and with customers and vendors.
- Will be working under the direct supervision of the department supervisor in order to complete day to day tasks.
- Will be working with a diverse population requiring the ability to handle all situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Must understand and respond appropriately to customer needs and maintain a positive attitude with all customers and colleagues.
- Expected to interact with all internal and external customers in a friendly, professional manner and provide quick, responsive customer service.
Employee Punctuality and Appearance:
- In order for schools to operate effectively, employees are expected to perform all assigned duties and work all scheduled hours during each designated workday, unless the employee has received approved leave.
- Any deviation from assigned hours must have prior approval from the employee’s supervisor or building administrator.
- All employees are required to report to work dressed in a manner that reflects a positive image of Omaha Public Schools and is appropriate for their position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree, required.
- Minimum one to three years project management experience, preferred.
- Extensive writing experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite products, including Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and manage conflict, including appropriate handling of all confidential matters.
- Strong organizational skills and the experience and knowledge to balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- Problem sensitivity awareness and the ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends when needed.
Terms of Employment:
This position is treated as a full-time exempt classified position. The terms of your employment will be governed by applicable state laws regulating employment in a Nebraska public school and Board of Education policies, as those laws and policies may change from time to time. If your position is represented by a collective bargaining representative, then your employment will also be governed by a negotiated agreement between OPS and that collective bargaining representative.
The offer of employment is contingent upon:
Obtaining and providing verification of all licenses, certificates, and other requirements for the position (e.g., Paraprofessionals obtaining “Highly Qualified status,” etc.), as identified and maintaining all licenses, certificates, and requirements for your position throughout employment.
- A background check which demonstrates to OPS that background is acceptable for the position.
- Verification of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (if required for position offered).
- Successful completion of a tuberculosis skin test (if required for position offered).
- Successful completion of a pre-employment medical examination to determine ability to safely and effectively perform the essential functions of the position.
Omaha public schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, sexual orientation, disability, age, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation or economic status in its programs, activities, employment, and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following individual has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Director for the Office of Equity and Diversity, 3215 Cuming Street, Omaha, NE 68131. (531-299-0307)
The Omaha Public School District is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process please contact the human resources department at 531-299-0240.
Omaha Public Schools