Location: Student Tranportation, 3833 North 72nd St., Omaha, NE 68131
Reports to: Director of Student Transportation
Work Schedule: 12-months
Salary Schedule: 85D
Hours to Work: 8 hours
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous tire shop experience preferred (1-3 years).
- A valid Driver’s License (CDL license preferred) and a good driving record.
- Ability to meet District insurability requirements.
- Ability to engage in physical activities (frequently exerting force equal to lifting 50 to 100 pounds), as well as body mobility which allows worker to stand, walk, climb, stoop and maintain balance.
- Ability to safely operate tire changing and repairing machines for large truck tires as well as smaller automotive type tires.
- Ability to properly operate tire balancing machine.
- Ability to evaluate all tires in the fleet and update as necessary per guidelines on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to maintain an accurate inventory of tires in stock.
- Ability to lubricate and change oil on all types of vehicles as well as take oil samples for lab testing.
- Ability to discern potential problems by visual inspection as vehicles are service and report them as necessary to supervisor.
- Ability to do light mechanical work as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to courteously and effectively communicate and maintain positive working relationships with fellow employees.
- Satisfactory previous work and attendance record.
- Ensure that all tires on all vehicles are within set guidelines for wear at all times.
- Repair, mount and dismount all tires for the fleet.
- Maintain adequate and accurate inventory of tires in stock at all times in cooperation with other personnel involved.
- Change oil and lubricate all vehicles in the fleet and draw samples of select vehicles oil for lab testing.
- Light mechanical work as assigned by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
* NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Omaha Public Schools