Position Effective for the 2021/2022 School Year (Beginning August 2021)
POSITION TITLE: Paraprofessional - Special Education Transition Program
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Regular work attendance is essential.
• Evidence of good mental and physical health.
• Training in health care related field helpful.
• Follow written and oral directions to carry out educational programs of students.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
Work Schedule: 183 days, 10-month
Hours to Work: 7.0 hours per day, Monday through Friday
• Assist classroom teacher to carry out educational programs for mentally handicapped students.
• Accompany students to work experience.
• Assist or directly carry out educational activities designed by teacher and support personnel; i.e., Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist and Speech Language Therapist.
• Maintain immaculate cleanliness standards in classrooms and restrooms.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, and be able to adapt to the physical demands of this position.
• Help prepare instructional materials required for classrooms.
• Assist students transported in vans.
• Record information on data sheets.
• Carry out behavior programs as planned by professional staff.
• Ability to physically lift a student, participate in a two-person lift or operate a hoyer lift.
• Ability to assist students in completion of a wide range of academic subjects and levels.
• Maintain good interpersonal relations with peers and a wide variety of professional staff affiliated with program.
• Main confidentiality.
• Interact/communicate with students as directed by professional staff.
• Must be able to travel to different schools as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
* NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Omaha Public Schools