This position will start August 2020
POSITION TITLE: Title 1 Paraprofessional - Educational
• An Associates degree, OR completion of 48 semester hours or 72 quarter hours at an institution of higher learning, OR demonstrated proficiency in the ability to assist in the instruction of reading, writing and mathematics via state or locally approved competency test.
• Math background is required.
• Ability to create lesson plans.
• Evidence of good mental and physical health.
• Dependable with good work attendance record.
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
Reports to: Building Principal
Work Schedule: 183 days/year
Rate of pay: $12.13 per hour plus benefits
Hours to Work: 7 hours per day, Monday - Friday
• Ability to work with and meet individual needs of students as directed by professional staff.
• Ability to perform as a team member.
• Ability to work under specialists/teachers direction
• Ability to be actively engaged in learning experiences with students.
• Ability to perform routine classroom management and maintenance duties.
• Other duties as assigned.
* NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Omaha Public Schools