• An Associates degree, OR completion of 48 semester hours or 72 quarter hours at an institution of higher learning, OR demonstrated proficiency in the ability to assist in the instruction of reading, writing and mathematics via state or locally approved competency test.
• Background or experience in working with behaviorally disordered students helpful
• Regular work attendance is essential
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Reports to: Building Principal
Work Schedule: 183 days
Hours to Work: 6.5 hours per day, Monday - Friday
• Ability to work with students on a one-to-one basis or in small group situations.
• Willingness to learn approved de-escalation and physical intervention techniques.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, and be able to adapt to the physical demands of this position.
• Ability to perform approved de-escalation and physical intervention techniques as directed by teacher.
• Ability to work as a team member.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Follow written and oral directions to carry out educational programs of students.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
* NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Omaha Public Schools