Hiring For The 2020-2021 School Year
The Bus Aide’s primary responsibilities include assisting the driver by responding to student needs while aboard the vehicle. The Bus Aide will assist with the loading, monitoring, and unloading of students while following established protocols for student safety.
MINIMUM JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 19 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Successful completion of pre-employment functional capacity evaluation and the United States Department of Transportation physical & drug/alcohol screening.
- Successful completion of the Student Transportation Bus Aide Training Program including: First Aid/CPR training.
- Must be able to attend the Bus Aide Training Class.
- Excellent attendance and work record.
- Sensitivity and ability to interact with students, co-workers, teachers, administrators, other staff, and parents of other cultures and backgrounds.
- Ability to serve as a positive role model for youth.
- Ability to apply simple understanding to carry out detailed but basic written and/or oral instructions.
- Ability to receive and process verbal information as well as respond to nonverbal sounds.
- Ability to bend, kneel, stoop and maintain balance while performing job related tasks.
Work Schedule: Part-Time, 178 duty days
Duty Hours: 5.5 hour block schedules, Specific hours vary by route, Monday through Friday
Salary: $14.20 per hour
Start Date: TBD
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in safely transporting students, including those with special needs, to and from designated locations.
- Follow oral and written directions accurately.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
* NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Omaha Public Schools