POSITION TITLE: Temporary Project Employee
Part-Time Temporary Project Employee Guidelines
- Project based
- The same or similar project based work cannot be requested annually.
- Projects must be different and relevant to the school or department goals.
- Temporary service means employment as a non-regular employee for the purpose of providing service for a limited period of time, not to exceed one year, to accomplish a specific purpose or task.
- Projects are determined by each building. Activities / duties assigned will be specific to the individual building’s approved project based work.
- Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in education from an accredited college or university (for a certified teaching temporary project employee)
- A valid NE Teaching Certificate or the ability to obtain one with appropriate endorsement(s) (for a certified teaching temporary project employee)
- A demonstrated philosophy that all students can and will learn
- Excellent attendance record
- Excellent communication skills oral and written
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Best Instructional Practices (for a certified teaching temporary project employee)
- Positive interpersonal skills
- Professional verification of successful classroom teacher performance and/or student teaching experience
- Evidence of the willingness and the ability to comply with the standards for ethical and professional performance established by the State Board of Education.
- This individual will exhibit skills pertinent to foster positive human relationships and the ability to work effectively with students, staff, parents and the community
- A willingness and demonstrated abilities conducive to a continuous quest for quality education.
Reports to: Building Principal / Department Supervisor
Work Schedule: Hourly temporary schedule
Salary Schedule: varies based on type of work
Hours to Work: Hours vary based on project-based work. Specific number of hours or length of project not guaranteed.
Hourly Temporary Employee Information
- Employees are not eligible for the same programs as benefit-earning employees, therefore; no employee benefits and no mileage will be assigned to hourly positions.
- In addition, part-time employees are not eligible for accrual of retirement benefits.
- These positions do not fall under the negotiated agreement for classified or certificated employees, therefore; no contract will be issued by the District for hourly positions.
- These individuals are project based or for a specific period of time.
- Part-time positions may be eliminated at any time by Human Resources or by the designated supervisor.
- Part-time employees are responsible to clock in / out when they are working
- All part-time positions are for one school year only and do not carry over to summer or subsequent school year assignments. Human Resources will term the part-time employee in PeopleSoft upon completion of the project.
* NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Omaha Public Schools