•An Associates degree, OR completion of 48 semester hours or 72 quarter hours at an institution of higher learning, OR demonstrated proficiency in the ability to assist in the instruction of reading, writing and mathematics via state or locally approved competency test.
• Knowledge of the Head Start Performance Standards, preferred
• Willingness to complete early childhood education coursework
• Must be able to physically interact with children, including bending, kneeling, sitting on the floor, lifting, climbing and walking.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
• Must be flexible and able to adapt to sudden changes.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to follow oral and written directions
• Ability to work with diverse populations.
• Ability to demonstrate appropriate communication skills
• Evidence of good mental and physical health.
• Dependable with good work attendance record.
• Skills pertinent to positive human relationships and ability to work effectively with instructional staff, students, parents, administration and the community.
Reports to: Building Principal
Work Schedule: 183 days
Salary Schedule: $13.04 per hour
Hours to Work: 7.0 hours per day, Monday - Friday
• Working with children individually or in small groups under teacher direction.
• Be assigned to miscellaneous duties around the classrooms; i.e., bulletin boards, preparing materials, readying the equipment, house cleaning, preparing snacks, duplicating materials, etc.
• Assist children in specific arts and crafts activities.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, and be able to adapt to the physical demands of this position
• Assist/accompany students during transitions in and out of the ECSE classroom.
• Assist the teacher in routine reporting and accounting of student information.
• Assist the teacher in helping students remove and put on outer apparel.
• Assist in positioning and bracing of students
• Help in unusual situations, i.e., field trips, fire drills, tornado drills, etc.
• Observe and record behavior, as well as assist in the utilization of techniques designed by the teacher.
• Assist the students in toileting and self-care activities; i.e., washing, brushing teeth, diapering, etc.
• Assist with lifting students.
• Other duties as assigned by the teacher and/or supervisor.
* NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
|Date Posted||May 27, 2020|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Salary Comment||$13.04 / Per Hour|