Position Starting: August 2020
POSITION TITLE: Paraprofessional - Early Childhood Inclusive (ECI)
• Working with children individually or in small groups under teacher direction.
• Be assigned to miscellaneous duties around the classrooms; i.e., bulletin boards, preparing materials, readying the equipment, house cleaning, preparing snacks, duplicating materials, etc.
• Assist children in specific arts and crafts activities.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, and be able to adapt to the physical demands of this position
• Assist/accompany students during transitions in and out of the ECSE classroom.
• Assist the teacher in routine reporting and accounting of student information.
• Assist the teacher in helping students remove and put on outer apparel.
• Assist in positioning and bracing of students
• Help in unusual situations, i.e., field trips, fire drills, tornado drills, etc.
• Observe and record behavior, as well as assist in the utilization of techniques designed by the teacher.
• Assist the students in toileting and self-care activities; i.e., washing, brushing teeth, diapering, etc.
• Assist with lifting students.
• Other duties as assigned by the teacher and/or supervisor.
An Associates degree, OR completion of 48 semester hours or 72 quarter hours at an institution of higher learning, OR demonstrated proficiency in the ability to assist in the instruction of reading, writing and mathematics via state or locally approved competency test.
• Associates Degree or Child Development Associate Certificate (CDA) preferred.
• Willingness to complete early childhood education coursework
• Knowledge of the Head Start Performance Standards, preferred
• Must be able to physically interact with children, including bending, kneeling, sitting on the floor, lifting, climbing and walking.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
• Must be flexible and able to adapt to sudden changes.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to follow oral and written directions
• Ability to work with diverse populations.
• Ability to demonstrate appropriate communication skills
• Evidence of good mental and physical health.
• Dependable with good work attendance record.
• Skills pertinent to positive human relationships and ability to work effectively with instructional staff, students, parents, administration and the community.
Reports to: Building Principal
Work Schedule: ___ hours per day, Monday through Friday, 10 Month, Non-Exempt
Salary: Wages are administered consistent with negotiated agreement or board adopted salary schedule.
Terms of Employment
This position is treated as a full-time non-exempt classified position. The terms of your employment will be governed by applicable state laws regulating employment in a Nebraska public school and Board of Education policies, as those laws and policies may change from time to time. If your position is represented by a collective bargaining representative, then your employment will also be governed by a negotiated agreement between OPS and that collective bargaining representative.
The offer of employment is contingent upon:
Omaha public schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, sexual orientation, disability, age, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation or economic status in its programs, activities, employment, and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following individual has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Director for the Office of Equity and Diversity, 3215 Cuming Street, Omaha, NE 68131. (531-299-0307)
The Omaha Public School District is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process please contact the human resources department at 531-299-0240.
|Date Posted||March 26, 2020|
|Address||Belle Ryan Elementary|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Salary Comment||$13.04 / Per Hour|