Position Starting August 2020
POSITION TITLE: Paraprofessional - Special Education Alternative Curriculum Program (ACP)
• To assist or directly carry out educational activities designed by teacher and support personnel; i.e., O.T., P.T., Speech Pathologist, etc.
• To assist students with toileting needs and diaper changing.
• To carry out self-care programs with students including feeding, tooth brushing and grooming.
• To assist with unloading and loading students on the van/bus.
• To assist in making the classroom environment cheerful and attractive.
• To maintain immaculate cleanliness standards in the classroom and restrooms.
• To collect and record data.
• To make teaching materials related to the curriculum.
• To carry out structured behavior programs as directed by professional staff.
• To maintain confidentiality of student information.
• To interact/communicate with students as directed by professional staff.
• To perform as a positive member of the educational teamwork effectively with other paraprofessionals in the classroom and a variety of professional staff affiliated with the program.
• To carry out programs in both school and non-school settings as directed.
• To perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Building Principal
Work Schedule: 7.0 hours per day, Monday through Friday, 10 Month, Non-Exempt
Salary: Wages are administered consistent with negotiated agreement or board adopted salary schedule.
Terms of Employment
This position is treated as a full-time non-exempt classified position. The terms of your employment will be governed by applicable state laws regulating employment in a Nebraska public school and Board of Education policies, as those laws and policies may change from time to time. If your position is represented by a collective bargaining representative, then your employment will also be governed by a negotiated agreement between OPS and that collective bargaining representative.
The offer of employment is contingent upon:
Omaha public schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, sexual orientation, disability, age, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation or economic status in its programs, activities, employment, and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following individual has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Director for the Office of Equity and Diversity, 3215 Cuming Street, Omaha, NE 68131. (531-299-0307)
The Omaha Public School District is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process please contact the human resources department at 531-299-0240.
|Date Posted||March 26, 2020|
|Address||Western Hills Magnet Elementary|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Salary Comment||$13.04 / Per Hour|