The Pricing and Rates Lead provides a technical expert view on utility pricing and rate topics and organizes, reviews, supports and communicates complex analyses for rates and other Pricing and Rates related activities. The position also provides leadership and guidance to other team members to accomplish department objectives. This position has a broad knowledge of financial, economic, and utility operations practices and procedures, is challenged to use originality and ingenuity in developing financial and pricing strategies and is responsible for presenting those strategy recommendations to management. The Pricing and Rates lead will serve on cross-functional teams, and provide training and guidance to staff as appropriate.
1. Economic and Rate Related Analysis: Accountable for leading and developing rate structures and tariffs that reflect the corporate rate philosophy and strategies, to assure electric service rates that are fair, reasonable and nondiscriminatory to the District and its customers and offer customers innovative pricing products.
- Lead and/or develop accurate cost of service, load analysis studies, and rate designs to serve as a basis for the design of electric rate schedules for the various customer classes.
- Lead and/or develop transmission tariffs and Regional Transmission Revenue Requirements and rates for the Districts wholesale customers.
- Lead and/or develop and analyze the Districts marginal cost study, avoided costs studies, energy loss studies, and other models as required to study corporate issues.
- Lead and/or develop written tariffs, rate schedules, board resolutions, reports, and position papers related to pricing and rate concepts.
- Lead and/or develop demographic analyses of the impacts of potential rate changes across customer groups.
- Serve as a project lead and/or team member on various rate-related special project teams including cross-functional teams and teams comprised of others in the industry.
- Lead, develop, and/or coordinate responses to media requests, Board inquiries, and questions posed by leadership which are both articulate and accurate.
- Stay abreast of current trends and technologies in the ever-rapid changing utilities industry and incorporate considerations for these trends into rate philosophies and potential future rate scenarios.
- Provide effective verbal and visual communication of rate related topics to leadership.
2. Assist manager with the day-to-day coaching, feedback, reporting, performance evaluation and assignment of work priorities/workloads for team members. (As Assigned By Manager; 40% or less of role)
- In the absence of management, evaluate workloads and priorities and assign appropriate resources to ensure the efficient and effectively delivery of departmental products & services.
- Assist with the resolution of escalated issues, questions and work stoppage situations. (As assigned by or in absence of Manager)
- Monitor, coach and recommend additional training solutions for team members to develop the skills, knowledge and experience to be effective in role.
- Perform quarterly quality checks on job functions/individual outputs in area and report findings to management.
- Maintain subject matter expertise with regard to the work and roles of the team. Assist in the training of new staff and cross training of existing staff. (As Assigned by Manager)
- Provide input to the development of performance management documentation.
- Bachelors degree in economics, finance, accounting, engineering or other business related area.
- Minimum 6 years of analytical work related experience.
- Excellent analytic, problem solving, leadership and decision-making skills.
- Ability to write detailed analytical reports, position papers, and tariffs.
- Requires thoroughness, accuracy, excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to plan and lead projects.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of data management, including database and spreadsheet applications, with the ability to develop and use complex models or specialized computer applications.
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated experience using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, or similar software.
- Masters degree in business administration, finance, accounting, engineering, or related field.
- Direct experience in rate making, pricing, or utility commission analysis with a fundamental understanding of cost of service principles.
- Experience managing and leading others through complex and technical assignments requiring a high degree of accuracy.
- Experience in utility rate design, analysis and techniques, cost of service studies, financial analysis, model development, market research concepts or economic forecasting.
- Experience with economic, financial, statistical, and operational analysis methodologies.
- Understanding of utility accounting practices.
- Working knowledge of the engineering concepts associated with the operation of an electrical utility system, including generation, transmission, and distribution design and system operations.
At Omaha Public Power District, were passionate about three things: power, the people who make it, and the people who rely on it.
WE ARE: Where the Light Starts. OPPD is the 12th-largest public power utility in the U.S., serving over 850,000 people across 5,000 square miles and 13 counties.
WERE COMMITTED TO: Each other and the people we serve. This commitment drives us. Were dedicated to providing our communities with affordable, reliable, and environmentally sensitive energy services today, tomorrow, and well into the future.
OUR JOB: To provide power with a purpose. We have real impact - on peoples lives, on the environment, and on the future of energy. Were always looking for bright, capable people who want an opportunity to lead from where you are, wherever you are, and know that your ideas will be heard. If you want to be a source of real, positive change for the community and the people who live in this region, then working for a company acknowledged for caring about these same things is likely a priority for you as well.
EOE: Protected Veterans/Disability
Apply online at www.oppd.com on or before February 25, 2024.
Recruiter: Jennifer Skupa - email@example.com #LI-JS1
**PLEASE NOTE** - Your application has not been submitted unless you have applied for a specific requisition. If you have not chosen a specific opening, your application will remain in DRAFT form and will not be viewed by our Human Capital staff.
|February 12, 2024
|April 12, 2024