These positions vary upon experience. Engineer I - Senior Engineer.
This position aids Transmission Planning Engineers in the completion of all technical and economic analyses necessary to determine feasible, reliable, and economical expansion plans for the District¿s bulk power delivery infrastructure. (Hereafter the District¿s bulk power delivery infrastructure with facilities operating at voltages above 34,000 volts is referred to as the ¿transmission system.¿) Develops knowledge through experience, research, and performing studies in order to become a more capable Engineer.
Aids in the support of operations, engineering, and project management with technical advice and scheduling assistance. Supports the participation in local, subregional, and regional transmission committees. Supports the creation of a fully updated computer model of the transmission system every year. Supports efforts of Economic Development personnel and Key Account Executives to provide outstanding customer service.
Position Specific Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
1. Participate in efforts to produce a long-range transmission expansion plan that aligns with plans for distribution and integrated resource facilities additions to ensure an adequate, economic, and reliable supply of power.
2. Aid in ensuring compliance with NERC and MRO / SPP Planning and Operating Standards.
3. Support transmission operational studies.
4. Develop a thorough knowledge of the analytical tools and methods used in power system analysis.
5. Aid in the development of complete and accurate computer models and study data.
6. Aid the development of System Improvement Projects to address deficiencies and improve operational efficiency and reliability.
7. Follow-up planning recommendations through facility engineering and construction to ensure operation and performance as planned.
8. Participate in local community planning efforts and maintain effective District and industry relationships to remain abreast of all factors contributing to effective transmission system planning and to allow for District influence in such matters.
9. Support strategic goals and corporate initiatives through creative and dynamic problem-solving. Stay aware of industry trends and incorporate new ideas and technology into department functions.
· Four (4) year Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (ABET-accredited degree).
· Basic oral and written communication skills.
· Solid quantitative skills with the ability to analyze data and report results.
· Basic understanding of the utility industry.
· Maintain cognizance of emerging industry trends.
· Demonstrated capability to work in a team environment while completing independent tasks and assignments.
· A valid driver¿s license.
· Engineering Internship / Coop experience.
· Engineer in Training.
· Familiarity and experience in Electric power modeling software, specifically PSS/E and PSCAD.
· Familiarity and experience in computer programming, specifically Python.
· Demonstrated capabilities of researching, decision making, and presenting to a diverse audience.
Where the Light Starts
What does it mean to be the source of light? On a basic level, it means operating from a place of honesty and integrity. It¿s how we achieve things. How we provide affordable, reliable, environmentally sensitive energy. Because it matters. We¿ve pledged to serve, honor, and care for this community. That means the 13 counties we service, and it means one another. It means the people right here at OPPD¿proudly comprised and welcoming of every creed, race, age, orientation, and color. Being ¿where the light starts¿ means showing up for each other and the people we serve. Doing the right thing even when no one¿s watching. We¿re proud of our commitment. We reward creative problem solving. We recognize that consistency and reliability are tremendous resources. That providing these things to the community and each other is a privilege. Because we are leading the way the future is powered. We are the source of light. Out there. In here. Everywhere.
Engineer I - S3 - Min: $75,687.00. - Mid: $94,609.00.
Engineer II - S4 - Min: $83,870.00 - Mid: $94,609.00.
Engineer III - S5 - Min: $91,371.00 - Mid: $114,214.00.
Senior Engineer: S6 - Min: $101,597.00- Mid: $126,996.00
EOE: Protected Veterans/Disability
Apply online at www.oppd.com on before January 12th.
Recruiter: Angie Case -firstname.lastname@example.org #LI-AC
**PLEASE NOTE** - Your application has not been submitted unless you have applied for a specific requisition. If you have not chosen a specific opening, your application will remain in DRAFT form and will not be viewed by our Human Capital staff.
|Date Posted||November 17, 2023|
|Date Closes||January 16, 2024|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|