This position works with other Distribution Planning Engineers in the completion of all technical and economic analyses necessary to determine feasible, reliable, and economical expansion plans for the District¿s distribution system to adequately meet forecasted load requirements. The individual will:
· Develop knowledge through experience, research, and performing studies in order to become a more capable engineer.
· Aid in creating a new, fully updated computer model of the distribution system every year.
· Aid in supporting T&D Operations, Engineering, and Construction departments with technical advice and scheduling assistance.
· Support efforts of Electric Service Designers, Economic Development personnel, and Account Executives to provide outstanding customer service.
· Support switching studies in the spring to prepare the distribution system for peak loading.
· Support the study and integration of distributed energy resources, electric vehicles, and other developing technologies.
· Support creation of an integrated system planning model and plan that balances generation, transmission, and distribution needs.
Position Specific Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
1. Support the completion of technical and economic analyses necessary to determine feasible, reliable, and economical expansion of the District¿s Distribution System
· Assist in performing an annual review of every distribution circuit to ensure that the system is reliable, operationally efficient, and within industry standards and best practices.
· Aid in the development of complete and accurate power flow models and study data
· Study the addition of new and changing loads and generators on the distribution system.
· Assist in maintaining distribution voltage and power factor within acceptable ranges.
· Participate in efforts to produce a long-range distribution expansion plan that aligns with plans for transmission and generation facility additions to ensure an adequate, economic, and reliable supply of power under normal and contingency conditions.
2. Aid in the development of System Improvement Projects to address deficiencies and improve operational efficiency.
· Work collaboratively with peers, customers, and clients internal and external to OPPD to identify needs and project scopes.
· Support the development of Business Cases, Budget Input Templates, and Financial Analysis Worksheets to support approval of System Improvement Projects
· Prepare, maintain and provide analytics as needed.
. Support strategic goals and corporate initiatives through creative and dynamic problem-solving. Stay aware of industry trends and incorporate new ideas and technology into department functions.
· Four (4) year Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (ABET-accredited degree).
· Basic oral and written communication skills.
· Solid quantitative skills with the ability to analyze data and report results.
· Basic understanding of the utility industry.
· Maintain cognizance of emerging industry trends.
· Demonstrated capability to work in a team environment while completing independent tasks and assignments.
· A valid drivers license.
· Engineering Internship / Coop experience.
· Engineer in Training.
· Familiarity and experience in Electric power modeling software, specifically PSS/E and PSCAD.
· Familiarity and experience in computer programming, specifically Python.
· Demonstrated capabilities of researching, decision making, and presenting to a diverse audience.
Where the Light Starts
What does it mean to be the source of light? On a basic level, it means operating from a place of honesty and integrity. Its how we achieve things. How we provide affordable, reliable, environmentally sensitive energy. Because it matters. Weve pledged to serve, honor, and care for this community. That means the 13 counties we service, and it means one another. It means the people right here at OPPD proudly comprised and welcoming of every creed, race, age, orientation, and color. Being where the light starts means showing up for each other and the people we serve. Doing the right thing even when no ones watching. Were proud of our commitment. We reward creative problem solving. We recognize that consistency and reliability are tremendous resources. That providing these things to the community and each other is a privilege. Because we are leading the way the future is powered. We are the source of light. Out there. In here. Everywhere.
Engineer I - S3 - Min: $75,687.00. - Mid: $94,609.00.
Engineer II - S4 - Min: $83,870.00 - Mid: $94,609.00.
Engineer III - S5 - Min: $91,371.00 - Mid: $114,214.00.
Senior Engineer: S6 - Min: $101,597.00- Mid: $126,996.00
EOE: Protected Veterans/Disability
Apply online at www.oppd.com on September 14th or before September 28th.
Recruiter: Angie Case -firstname.lastname@example.org #LI-AC
**PLEASE NOTE** - Your application has not been submitted unless you have applied for a specific requisition. If you have not chosen a specific opening, your application will remain in DRAFT form and will not be viewed by our Human Capital staff.
|Date Posted||September 15, 2023|
|Date Closes||November 14, 2023|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories