Application Engineers are responsible to translate software requirements into workable programming code. The Application Engineer are also responsible for maintaining code in the context of production operations. While maintaining a broad understanding of the field, they are specialized in a specific development field. It is expected the Application Engineer will have in-depth knowledge of at least one computer language. They are responsible with following existing software development practices and procedures to include testing code and coordination with QA Quality Assurance Engineers and customers.
Software Development: Involved with all the facets of the software development.
- Able to implement medium complexity features
- Develop code based on the design documents as well functional and non-functional requirements.
- Produce clean and efficient code.
- Review and debug code.
- Unit, and integration test to check that output from the program works as intended.
- Work with the quality assurance and other teams to ensure the successful handover of code and rest of the deliverables.
- React to problems and correct the program as necessary.
- Writing detailed documentation.
Planning: Actively involved with preparation of projects.
- Comfortable with bottom-up planning.
- Provide high level and detailed estimates.
- Decompose work into work packages.
- Prioritize own tasks.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science or related field, or a combination of education and work experience that provides the necessary skills to perform the essential job functions.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Experience in software development and coding
- Strong understanding of objected oriented programming
- Must be familiar with C#, C++, Java
- Strong knowledge of at least one development language
- Strong knowledge of personal computer software and hardware, particularly Windows 7, Windows 10, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office product suite, Active Directory and Exchange.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills are required, including the ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively with minimum supervision. Requires exceptional organizational skills, problem solving skills, and flexibility in changing priorities.
- Be a team player with the ability to share knowledge and develop colleagues for the overall benefit of the team and organization
- Experience as software architect.
- Familiar with tools and platforms such as Confluence, Jira, GIT, Jenkins, Ansible.
Salary Grade: S4
At Omaha Public Power District, we're passionate about three things: power, the people who make it, and the people who rely on it.
WE ARE: Where the Light Starts. OPPD is the 12th-largest public power utility in the U.S., serving over 850,000 people across 5,000 square miles and 13 counties.
WE'RE COMMITTED TO: Each other and the people we serve. This commitment drives us. We're dedicated to providing our communities with affordable, reliable, and environmentally sensitive energy services today, tomorrow, and well into the future.
OUR JOB: To provide power with a purpose. We have real impact - on people's lives, on the environment, and on the future of energy. We're always looking for bright, capable people who want an opportunity to lead from where you arewherever you are and know that your ideas will be heard. If you want to be a source of real, positive change for the community and the people who live in this region, then working for a company acknowledged for caring about these same things is likely a priority for you as well.
Org Marketing Statement
EOE: Protected Veterans/Disability
How To Apply
Apply online at www.oppd.com on or before October 18, 2021.
Recruiter: Laura Fritson - email@example.com
**PLEASE NOTE** - Your application has not been submitted unless you have applied for a specific requisition. If you have not chosen a specific opening, your application will remain in DRAFT form and will not be viewed by our Human Capital staff.
***OPPD is very aware of the potential risks of COVID-19 and are evaluating all necessary precautions. With that, we are limiting travel and face to face interviews until further notice, so please expect some delays in processing of your application of interest.***
Omaha Public Power District