This position will perform tasks necessary for the safe, reliable, and efficient operation of auxiliary equipment. This includes generating work orders, performing surveillance checks and rounds, equipment isolation, equipment performance tests, and providing support for unit operational activities. Incumbent is required to complete all training and necessary steps to progress through classifications from Helper to Auxiliary Operator and eventually advancing to Equipment Operator within three (3) years.
1. Support the ongoing and safe operations of OPPDs power generation plants to include but not be limited to: water treatment, fire protection, intake structure systems, sewage lift, etc.
- Assist in properly removing units from and restoring unites to service when authorized.
- Operate screen house and intake equipment and assist in all phases of operation as needed.
- Utilize operator fundamentals and apply human performance tools to all job activities and operational tasks while on shift.
2. Supports all equipment and system maintenance of OPPDs power generation plants.
- Assist in writing work orders due to equipment deficiencies
- Prepare tagouts and system isolations of equipment and necessary/assigned.
- Inspect and provide log documentation of conditions and adjust temperature, flow, and pressure levels as needed.
- Participate in and complete housekeeping duties to uphold station standards.
- Formal education with a minimum of a certificate in power plant or process control technology
- High school diploma / GED with two years power plant, industrial operations, or military experience to include operating or maintaining large equipment and troubleshooting interrelated power plant systems.
- High degree of mechanical ability
- 1st Grade City of Omaha Stationary Engineer License for North Omaha Station
Pay: Step One: $30.25 per hour
Org Marketing Statement
EOE: Protected Veterans/Disability
At Omaha Public Power District, we're passionate about three things: power, the people who make it, and the people who rely on it.
WE ARE: Where the Light Starts. OPPD is the 12th-largest public power utility in the U.S., serving over 850,000 people across 5,000 square miles and 13 counties.
WE'RE COMMITTED TO: Each other and the people we serve. This commitment drives us. We're dedicated to providing our communities with affordable, reliable, and environmentally sensitive energy services today, tomorrow, and well into the future.
OUR JOB: To provide power with a purpose. We have real impact - on people's lives, on the environment, and on the future of energy. We're always looking for bright, capable people who want an opportunity to lead from where you arewherever you are and know that your ideas will be heard. If you want to be a source of real, positive change for the community and the people who live in this region, then working for a company acknowledged for caring about these same things is likely a priority for you as well.
How To Apply
Apply online at www.oppd.com on or before June 29, 2021
Recruiter: Darlene Brown, 402-880-3929 - firstname.lastname@example.org
**PLEASE NOTE** - Your application has not been submitted unless you have applied for a specific requisition. If you have not chosen a specific opening, your application will remain in DRAFT form and will not be viewed by our Human Capital staff.
***OPPD is very aware of the potential risks of COVID-19 and are evaluating all necessary precautions. With that, we are limiting travel and face to face interviews until further notice, so please expect some delays in processing of your application of interest.***
Omaha Public Power District