The Infrastructure Architect is an expert within the infrastructure domain, to include associated Information Technology (IT) design principles, technology baseline, and solutions. This role must also have reasonable depth in peripheral technical domains such as identity, data, and middleware. Partnering to establish technical direction, create associated roadmaps, and the ability to translate at an engineering and business level is key. The ability to provide technical leadership and guide outcomes is also key. From a business perspective, the role will evaluate and optimize various IT services, licensing models, and internal processes.
Shapes the architecture based on business need and technology efficiency.
- Ensures standards and directional adherence across the various technical domains.
- Develops and maintain technology roadmaps within specific domains. Applies deep knowledge of specific domains and associated business context.
- Provide cross project architectural governance that includes identifying relevant strategy, policy, and roadmaps adherence.
- Provides strategic consultation specific to: innovation, concept development, emerging technology, and best practices.
- Partners with IT engineers to develop solutions and design standards
Leads the development of long-term capabilities from conception to implementation.
- Model and assess the domains baseline architecture and associated services
- Work with internal and external technology experts to ascertain system functional capacity, constraints and support lifecycles. Evaluate and make recommendations to ensure technology investments are optimized.
- Proactively identify unnecessary complexity and potential failure points, assist with creating plans to reduce or eliminate where appropriate.
Responsible for participating in the Architectural Governance/Review Boards
- Ensuring projects, procurement, and methods remain compliant with the approved direction.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with technology teams and business partners to facilitate improved alignment of technology initiatives to business strategies
The District is undertaking a massive technological transformation, and in order to pull it off, we need the best. You can expect to dig into a rewarding career with one of the most reputable employers in the entire state of Nebraska. We care about our employee's well-being; not only are we committed to providing a fair salary, but will also load you up with one of the most competitive benefits packages in the region. Last but not least, you'll be coming to work for a company where our mission, vision, and values are more than just a piece of paper. Because of our unique position, we get to live them out every day and leave every night knowing the work we put in is worth doing.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, Engineering, or related discipline or a combination of education and work experience that provides the necessary skills to perform the essential job functions.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of technical experience in at least two IT disciplines. Examples: client/server or service-oriented architecture (SOA) environment, software development, data networking, middleware, cloud, storage, virtualization, data management, or infrastructure.
- Ability to effectively partner with cyber security management to ensure the application of best practices to all designs and solutions.
- Ability to produce, enhance, and drive architecture roadmaps and associated principles
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and present at technical and management levels
- Ability to participate in innovation activities such as ideation, prototype development, and real world application evaluations
- Maintain an open and candid working relationship with team and immediate supervisor
- Ability to translate between business and technology
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation with strong leadership skills.
- Able to produce clear documentation at a technical and business level
- Results oriented, self-motivated, resourceful team player
- Understanding and experience with either TOGAF and/or Zachman framework.
- Broad knowledge of business continuity including high availability, disaster recovery, and risk management.
- Basic knowledge of financial models and budgeting.
Salary Grade: S6
Where the Light Starts
What does it mean to be the source of light? On a basic level, it means operating from a place of honesty and integrity. It's how we achieve things. How we provide affordable, reliable, environmentally sensitive energy. Because it matters. We've pledged to serve, honor, and care for this community. That means the 13 counties we service, and it means one another. It means the people right here at OPPDproudly comprised and welcoming of every creed, race, age, orientation, and color. Being where the light starts means showing up for each other and the people we serve. Doing the right thing even when no one's watching. We're proud of our commitment. We reward creative problem solving. We recognize that consistency and reliability are tremendous resources. That providing these things to the community and each other is a privilege. Because we are leading the way the future is powered. We are the source of light. Out there. In here. Everywhere.
Org Marketing Statement
EOE: Protected Veterans/Disability
How To Apply
Apply online at www.oppd.com on or before June 28, 2021.
Recruiter: Laura Fritson - firstname.lastname@example.org
**PLEASE NOTE** - Your application has not been submitted unless you have applied for a specific requisition. If you have not chosen a specific opening, your application will remain in DRAFT form and will not be viewed by our Human Capital staff.
***OPPD is very aware of the potential risks of COVID-19 and are evaluating all necessary precautions. With that, we are limiting travel and face to face interviews until further notice, so please expect some delays in processing of your application of interest.***
Omaha Public Power District