The BT Disaster Recovery Manager will work with OPPD leadership, functional teams and subject matter experts to ensure that disaster recovery capabilities of the organization will meet the Recovery Time Objective (RTO) and Recovery Point objectives (RPO) of the organization. The BT Disaster Recovery Manager will partner across the company to develop, implement and execute the technical aspects of the OPPD Disaster Recovery program.
Collaborate with leadership and other key stakeholders to develop and implement a comprehensive Disaster Recovery program at OPPD.
- Facilitate the development, lead enterprise wide communication & understanding and maintain the disaster recovery program charter, scope and strategic objectives while aligning services and portfolio/program components to overarching BTBS & OPPD strategies.
- Ensure that technology platforms have redundancy, backup and recovery strategies in place to support program goals.
- Conduct disaster recovery operation review meetings with key business stakeholders.
- Ensure that business and supporting applications have fully documented and executable disaster recovery plans from a BT infrastructure recovery standpoint, and are able to support the recovery objectives of OPPD.
Coordinate efforts to maintain an operational company-wide disaster recovery program.
- Collect and organize information about current systems to create an inventory of systems and applications, with hardware, software, and network requirements, as well as inter-system dependencies.
- Coordinate the implementation and reporting of recovery infrastructure and processes.
- Execute regular disaster recovery tests and exercises to include managing and coordinating testing schedules, objectives, exercises, and post mortem reviews.
- Identify, prioritize and drive resolution of program level issues, leveraging lessons learned from disaster recovery exercises.
- Participate with industry groups to align program capabilities with established best practices and industry standards
Support individual areas of OPPD's business units design disaster recovery plans.
- Identify deficiencies
- Facilitate design sessions
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field or combination of education and equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Engineering, or other information technology fields related to business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Minimum five (5) years of disaster recovery relevant experience.
- Minimum Four (4) years' experience developing a Technology Impact Analysis to quantify and qualify potential impacts of events on the company and its operations to prepare Recovery Time Objective (RTO) and Recovery Point Objective (RPO) that meet business needs and regulatory requirements.
- Four (4) years' experience in building a disaster recovery program and organizational framework based on an industry accepted best practices.
- Ability to facilitate the development, implementation and maintenance of the Disaster Recovery program strategy.
- Write, communicate, facilitate, and present to business stakeholders, functional teams and subject matter experts.
- Ability to recommend disaster recovery strategies and complete a cost benefit analysis to compare the cost of implementing disaster recovery strategies against the value of the assets at risk.
- Detailed knowledge of compliance practices, corporate policies, laws and regulations governing business continuity and disaster recovery..
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation and organization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (credible, cooperative, and supportive); builds trust with relevant stakeholders, and other business leaders to support plan development, maintenance, testing, and executions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead risk and threat assessments to identify inherent and acquired vulnerabilities that may negatively affect the company, its resources, or reputation CBCP certification a plus.
- Working knowledge of networks and mass storage technology and capabilities.
- Working knowledge of certification and accreditation processes in situations where IT DR plans have to be independently assessed and certified against enterprise-wide criteria and, in some cases, legal/regulatory obligations.
- Experience with BC/DR planning software -.
Salary Grade: S4
Where the Light Starts
What does it mean to be the source of light? On a basic level, it means operating from a place of honesty and integrity. It's how we achieve things. How we provide affordable, reliable, environmentally sensitive energy. Because it matters. We've pledged to serve, honor, and care for this community. That means the 13 counties we service, and it means one another. It means the people right here at OPPDproudly comprised and welcoming of every creed, race, age, orientation, and color. Being where the light starts means showing up for each other and the people we serve. Doing the right thing even when no one's watching. We're proud of our commitment. We reward creative problem solving. We recognize that consistency and reliability are tremendous resources. That providing these things to the community and each other is a privilege. Because we are leading the way the future is powered. We are the source of light. Out there. In here. Everywhere.
Org Marketing Statement
EOE: Protected Veterans/Disability
How To Apply
Apply online at www.oppd.com on or before June 17, 2021.
Recruiter: Laura Fritson - email@example.com
**PLEASE NOTE** - Your application has not been submitted unless you have applied for a specific requisition. If you have not chosen a specific opening, your application will remain in DRAFT form and will not be viewed by our Human Capital staff.
***OPPD is very aware of the potential risks of COVID-19 and are evaluating all necessary precautions. With that, we are limiting travel and face to face interviews until further notice, so please expect some delays in processing of your application of interest.***
Omaha Public Power District