The Senior Middleware Engineer is responsible for overseeing daily Middleware system administration and for partnering with Enterprise Architects, and IT teams to manage data integration between internal and cloud applications with OPPDs middleware (Mulesoft, Next Axiom, Integration Broker, XAI, SOI, etc.) and monitoring data flows to and from different platforms.
Middleware Platform Management: Involved with all the facets of Application Delivery.
- Lead the overall middleware platform and continuing development and enhancement of current integrations.
- Identify and formalize best practices and share them across BTBS.
- Partner with Enterprise Architects and project teams to translate business requirements into well-designed API solutions that are scalable and global at the core and identify opportunities for reuse.
- Partner with IT teams to manage data integration between internal systems and cloud systems.
- Partner with Quality Assurance and Release Management during testing and deployments of services within the platform.
- Responsible for providing administrative support for the AnyPoint Platform in addition to maintaining the catalog of services built
- Partner with IT teams to maintain and update integrations to support new and existing business objectives and initiatives.
- Create and maintain documentation (system configurations, mapping, processes, service records).
- Manage performance monitoring and tuning of Middleware platforms.
- Automate manual tasks to increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Research data questions that arise from regular usage of the platform.
- Troubleshoot issues and provide bug fixes.
- Writing detailed documentation.
- Other duties assigned.
Planning: Actively involved in the preparation of projects.
- Comfortable with bottom-up planning.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Provide high-level and detailed estimates.
- Decompose work into work packages.
- Prioritize own tasks.
Technical Leadership: Ensure project teams are aligned regarding the architectural direction, scope, quality, and timelines.
- Communicate all concepts and guidelines successfully to the development team
- Oversee progress of the development team to ensure consistency with designs
- Provide technical guidance, mentoring, and coaching to developers and engineers
- Bachelors degree, preferably in computer science or related field, or a combination of education and work experience that provides the necessary skills to perform the essential job functions.
- 8+ years of software engineering experience with senior-level design capabilities using modern technologies
- 5+ years of experience developing software applications
- 3+ years of experience with Anypoint Platform, DataWeave, and API Management
- Strong working experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and fluency in web services standards and technologies (XML, SOAP, WSDL, XSD, UDDI, REST)
- Strong understanding and working experience using database programming, including JDBC and relational databases like SQL Server or Oracle
- Strong working experience in Security, Logging, Auditing, Policy Management, and Performance Monitoring, and KPI for end-to-end process execution
- Working experience and strong understanding of Enterprise Integration Patterns, Message Exchange Patterns, and Canonical Model Development
- Experience working with one or more Source Control Management systems like BitBucket/Git, RTC (IBM Rational Team Concert), Subversion (SVN), or TFS (Team Foundation Server).
- Experience with Java/Groovy
- Working experience with agile, iterative, and waterfall software delivery and building and/or managing Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Solid knowledge of personal computer software and hardware, mainly Windows 10, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office product suite, Active Directory, and Exchange.
- Knowledge of QA processes and test-driven development
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills are required, including communicating clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively with minimum supervision. Requires exceptional organizational skills, problem-solving skills, and flexibility in changing priorities.
- Be a team player who can share knowledge and develop colleagues for the team and the organizations overall benefit.
- Experience working on large integration projects with large and multi-sourced data sets.
- Working knowledge of server architecture, configuration, and management.
- Familiar with tools and platforms such as SharePoint, Jenkins, Ansible.
- Interest in learning and applying new technologies and concepts
Salary Grade: S5
At Omaha Public Power District, we're passionate about three things: power, the people who make it, and the people who rely on it.
WE ARE: Where the Light Starts. OPPD is the 12th-largest public power utility in the U.S., serving over 850,000 people across 5,000 square miles and 13 counties.
WE'RE COMMITTED TO: Each other and the people we serve. This commitment drives us. We're dedicated to providing our communities with affordable, reliable, and environmentally sensitive energy services today, tomorrow, and well into the future.
OUR JOB: To provide power with a purpose. We have real impact - on people's lives, on the environment, and on the future of energy. We're always looking for bright, capable people who want an opportunity to lead from where you arewherever you are and know that your ideas will be heard. If you want to be a source of real, positive change for the community and the people who live in this region, then working for a company acknowledged for caring about these same things is likely a priority for you as well.
Org Marketing Statement
EOE: Protected Veterans/Disability
How To Apply
Apply online at www.oppd.com on or before June 23, 2021.
Recruiter: Laura Fritson - firstname.lastname@example.org
**PLEASE NOTE** - Your application has not been submitted unless you have applied for a specific requisition. If you have not chosen a specific opening, your application will remain in DRAFT form and will not be viewed by our Human Capital staff.
***OPPD is very aware of the potential risks of COVID-19 and are evaluating all necessary precautions. With that, we are limiting travel and face to face interviews until further notice, so please expect some delays in processing of your application of interest.***
Omaha Public Power District