The Manager Security Engineering will manage and oversee the engineering, designing, planning, solution implementation and efficient operations of OPPD technology security infrastructure/products/tools in order to ensure the highest quality of customer service while maintaining secure and functional technology environments. The Manager Security Engineering will develop and continually enhance technology security standards and procedures in alignment with defined policies and define services offered and supported. The Manager Security Engineering will also leverage engineering staff for the analysis, design, deployment, and operation of systems supporting the business technology environment and the business to meet and/or exceed assigned Key Accountabilities (KAs).
This individual will collaborate with the Business Technology & Building Services and Building Services (BTBS) leadership team, all functional BT domains and interact with peers across OPPD business units to ensure service and product alignment with OPPD's objectives and initiatives to strengthen OPPD as an industry leader, employer of choice, and community partner. The role is accountable for the management, successful implementation and realization of assigned tactical and operational plans and objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Security Engineering, Network Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or other related field or equivalent professional work experience.
- Five years' experience as an engineer working with cybersecurity, network or infrastructure systems is required.
- Five years' of experience managing/leading cybersecurity, networking or infrastructure system engineering teams.
- Demonstrated previous work experience effectively overseeing enterprise level projects.
- Demonstrates good understanding of business and financial aspects of IT.
- Must be able to partner effectively across all levels of the organization and OPPD strategic suppliers.
- In-depth familiarity with the NIST framework and C2M2 model and the full technology stack and the associated critical relationships/dependencies of security as an embedded component of all IT systems.
- Must have, or obtain, security clearance qualification for North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC).
- Experience managing 24x7 IT operations with a service orientation.
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) .
- Security centric certifications such as Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), CCNA (security) or ComTIA Security+.
- PMP Certification (Project Management Professional).
- Master's Degree with a technology focus or MB.
- This position is considered an essential position meaning when business necessity and continuity needs are emergent, this position will be required to report to work and may be required to work hours beyond an employee's normal shift.
- Must maintain 24-hour availability for technical and professional assistance, emergency response, and directing remedial action in response to such emergencies, as well as maintain availability as required for on call duty.
At Omaha Public Power District, we're passionate about three things: power, the people who make it, and the people who rely on it.
WE ARE: Where the Light Starts. OPPD is the 12th-largest public power utility in the U.S., serving over 850,000 people across 5,000 square miles and 13 counties.
WE'RE COMMITTED TO: Each other and the people we serve. This commitment drives us. We're dedicated to providing our communities with affordable, reliable, and environmentally sensitive energy services today, tomorrow, and well into the future.
OUR JOB: To provide power with a purpose. We have real impact - on people's lives, on the environment, and on the future of energy. We're always looking for bright, capable people who want an opportunity to lead from where you arewherever you are and know that your ideas will be heard. If you want to be a source of real, positive change for the community and the people who live in this region, then working for a company acknowledged for caring about these same things is likely a priority for you as well.
Org Marketing Statement
EOE: Protected Veterans/Disability
How To Apply
Apply online at www.oppd.com on or before March 14, 2021.
Recruiter: Jennifer Skupa
**PLEASE NOTE** - Your application has not been submitted unless you have applied for a specific requisition. If you have not chosen a specific opening, your application will remain in DRAFT form and will not be viewed by our Human Capital staff.
***OPPD is very aware of the potential risks of COVID-19 and are evaluating all necessary precautions. With that, we are limiting travel and face to face interviews until further notice, so please expect some delays in processing of your application of interest.***
Omaha Public Power District