The Senior Project Manager (SPM) Capital Investment will administer a consistent and uniform program of capital investment proposals, subsequent analysis and prioritization throughout the District in support of the District's Asset Management program. Responsibility includes identifying and recommending program elements, policies, practices and standards; leading the design, communication and influencing enterprise adoption of the program; and providing guidance and collaborative cross-functional leadership to OPPD Business Unit representatives by facilitating their application of the program. This role will represent the Subject Matter Expert capacity for the Asset Management and Capital Investment programs. The SPM is also responsible for schedule coordination to ensure that all Capital Investment projects needing approval follow the capital investment process and are scheduled for committee review in accordance with their in-service' need dates. Key contributions include administration of the Asset Management policy, maintenance of systems retaining asset information and conditions as well as communication of the capital requirements into the annual and multi-year planning process. Responsible to the Manager, Capital Investment & Budgeting for overall program success.
Lead the administration of the District wide Asset Management Policy and Program that would provide the organization the direction needed to make optimal asset management decisions consistent with the organization's operational goals and metrics and strategic plans.
- Facilitate the comprehensive collection of information and development of Capital Investment plans to enable the proper level of visibility and analysis is achieved and delivered.
- Coordinate the Asset Management decision-making process with the Resource Planning Council to be inclusive of a prescribed and standardized quantitative approach to address cost, risk and performance through an asset's life cycle.
Drive and influence execution standardization for line management into the District wide Strategic Asset Management plan.
- Design and deliver orientation/training solutions appropriately aligned to differing responsibilities and accountabilities of management
- Educate and administer the standards for the organization for the retention and use of asset information to support management decisions.
- Periodically, ensure all policies, processes, tools and practices are clearly defined, intuitive and integrated with technology.
- Manage the required program and processes to support a coherent and integrated Asset Management System across the District.
Ensure the maintenance and readiness of the Strategic Asset Management Plan (SAMP) to increase the District's long term planning capabilities.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve future years that contain non-level capital spending volumes
- Ensure readiness of SAMP information for both the annual, multi-year planning process as well as ad-hoc, scenario based simulations conducted by Management
Execute programmatic project reviews' with district wide Project Managers to ensure lean project delivery.
- Schedule and administer the formal management reviews of the asset management system.
- Annually, map out the timeline and schedule of Project Reviews ensuring the incorporation of any new or potential initiatives are considered and incorporated as needed.
- Collaborate with BU Project Managers to plan for and complete project reviews.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Management Information Systems, computer science, engineering, business management or related field or minimum of 10 years of applicable job experience
- Minimum of 5 years formal project management and/or asset management experience
- Understanding of Information Technology field and new business enabling technologies to increase the effectiveness and value derived from asset management principles
- Ability to work with multiple business units to administer a consistent and uniform asset management practice for diverse assets across the District.
- Master's degree in management information systems, computer science, engineering, business management or related field
- Experience with Strategic Asset Management, Long Term Asset Management or Portfolio Management programs.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Institute of Asset Management certificate
Salary Grade: S6
What does it mean to be the source of light? On a basic level, it means operating from a place of honesty and integrity. It's how we achieve things. How we provide affordable, reliable, environmentally sensitive energy. Because it matters. We've pledged to serve, honor, and care for this community. That means the 13 counties we service, and it means one another. It means the people right here at OPPDproudly comprised and welcoming of every creed, race, age, orientation, and color. Being where the light starts means showing up for each other and the people we serve. Doing the right thing even when no one's watching. We're proud of our commitment. We reward creative problem solving. We recognize that consistency and reliability are tremendous resources. That providing these things to the community and each other is a privilege. Because we are leading the way the future is powered. We are the source of light. Out there. In here. Everywhere.
Org Marketing Statement
EOE: Protected Veterans/Disability
How To Apply
Apply online at www.oppd.com on or before March 3, 2021.
Recruiter: Laura Fritson - firstname.lastname@example.org
**PLEASE NOTE** - Your application has not been submitted unless you have applied for a specific requisition. If you have not chosen a specific opening, your application will remain in DRAFT form and will not be viewed by our Human Capital staff.
***OPPD is very aware of the potential risks of COVID-19 and are evaluating all necessary precautions. With that, we are limiting travel and face to face interviews until further notice, so please expect some delays in processing of your application of interest.***