OPPD's Energy Management Department is looking for an engineer who is a technically competent, critical thinking individual who has experience performing design duties, analysis, evaluation of data, technical assistance and engineering applications necessary for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of the OPPD Energy Management System (EMS). We're seeking an engineer join a team of hungry, hardworking, goal-orientated individuals.
Specific responsibilities of this role includes:
- Provide the engineering analysis, evaluation, and design for implementation, maintenance and operation of systems assigned to the District's Energy Management System (EMS) department.
- Conduct studies, coordinate project activities, analyze bids, and test new projects/procedures to support the District.
- Support District compliance with various regulatory agencies including the NRC, FERC, NERC, RC, etc.
- Provide support to ensure safe, reliable, efficient, economic, and proper real-time operation and performance, on a 24x7 basis, of the EMS and related systems used to monitor and control District generation, transmission and distribution facilities.
- Formulates models and provides engineering direction and support in the development of new, and modifications to existing, subsystems, functions, applications, databases, processes, procedures and documentation in such a way that minimally impacts District operations.
- Maintains familiarity with new technologies and their potential EMS related applications
- Keep the department manager, supervisor, or lead engineer informed of significant developments, trends and problems.
- Complete specific projects/assignments as required with minimal assistance.
- ABET accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Good oral/written communications and human relations skills and have
- A valid drivers license.
- Programming skills in languages and applications such as C, C++, XML, Oracle, SQL, JAVA, HTML, Python, Microsoft Office, current Unix/Linux/Windows Operating Systems, computer machine language and/or scripting languages
- Previous engineering experience related to District operations
- Previous experience with above programming languages and/or applications
- Power engineering emphasis
Salary is commensurate on experience.
At Omaha Public Power District, we're passionate about three things: power, the people who make it, and the people who rely on it.
WE ARE: Where the Light Starts. OPPD is the 12th largest public power utility in the U.S., serving over 850,000 people across 5,000 square miles and 13 counties.
WE'RE COMMITTED TO: Each other and the people we serve. This commitment drives us. We're dedicated to providing our communities with affordable, reliable, and environmentally sensitive energy services today, tomorrow, and well into the future.
OUR JOB: Has real impact - on people's lives, on the environment, and on the future of energy. We're always looking for bright, capable people who want an opportunity to lead from where you arewherever you are and know that your ideas will be heard. If you want to be a source of real, positive change for the community and the people who live in this region, then working for a company acknowledged for caring about these same things is likely a priority for you as well. Please read on to learn more about how we provide power with a purpose.
Org Marketing Statement
EOE: Protected Veterans/Disability
How To Apply
Apply online at www.oppd.com on or before March 2, 2021.
Recruiter: Athena Roberson, email@example.com
**PLEASE NOTE** - Your application has not been submitted unless you have applied for a specific requisition. If you have not chosen a specific opening, your application will remain in DRAFT form and will not be viewed by our Human Capital staff.
***OPPD is very aware of the potential risks of COVID-19 and are evaluating all necessary precautions. With that, we are limiting travel and face to face interviews until further notice, so please expect some delays in processing of your application of interest.***
Omaha Public Power District