OPPDs Business Technology division is looking to add a Senior Application Engineer to the Application Delivery team in support of its mission of providing reliable, affordable, and environmentally sensitive energy services. Application Delivery's vision is as a collaborative, driven, and transformative application delivery community. In this role, you will be looked upon to deliver full-stack solutions in an Agile/DevOps environment.
A few of the products you will be accountable for include, but are not limited to: Oracle URM, Oracle UCM, Security Control Applications, SharePoint, MuleSoft Middleware Solutions, and many more commercial and internally developed applications.
The ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of the field including operating systems, infrastructure, networking, and security, but that will just get you in the door. What will separate you from the pack is demonstrated expertise with the following technologies, languages, and tools:
- Java, Groovy, Grails, Oracle/MSSQL PLSQL
- Tomcat, Glassfish, Microsoft IIS
- Services-based application integration
- Applications Administration and lifecycle management
- Grails web-application framework
- MuleSoft 4 or similar integration platform
- SharePoint Administration
The District is undertaking a massive technological transformation, and in order to pull it off, we need the best. You can expect to dig into a rewarding career with one of the most reputable employers in the entire state of Nebraska. We care about our employee's well-being; not only are we committed to providing a fair salary, but will also load you up with one of the most competitive benefits packages in the region. Last but not least, you'll be coming to work for a company where our mission, vision, and values are more than just a piece of paper. Because of our unique position, we get to live them out every day and leave every night knowing the work we put in is worth doing.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science, system analysis or related field, or a combination of education and work experience that provides the necessary skills to perform the essential job functions.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience of design and implementation experience in IT, with a deep knowledge in the following technical disciplines: middleware, database management, software development
- Strong understanding of objected oriented programming
- Must be familiar with C#, C++, Java
- Strong knowledge of multiple development languages
- Very strong knowledge of personal computer software and hardware, particularly Windows 7, Windows 10, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office product suite, Active Directory and Exchange.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills are required, including the ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively with minimum supervision. Requires exceptional organizational skills, problem solving skills, and flexibility in changing priorities.
- Be a team player with the ability to share knowledge and develop colleagues for the overall benefit of the team and organization
- Experience as a Software Architect
- Familiar with tools and platforms such as Confluence, Jira, GIT, Jenkins, Ansible.
Salary Grade: S5
At Omaha Public Power District, we're passionate about three things: power, the people who make it, and the people who rely on it.
WE ARE: Where the Light Starts. OPPD is the 12th-largest public power utility in the U.S., serving over 850,000 people across 5,000 square miles and 13 counties.
WE'RE COMMITTED TO: Each other and the people we serve. This commitment drives us. We're dedicated to providing our communities with affordable, reliable, and environmentally sensitive energy services today, tomorrow, and well into the future.
OUR JOB: To provide power with a purpose. We have real impact - on people's lives, on the environment, and on the future of energy. We're always looking for bright, capable people who want an opportunity to lead from where you arewherever you are and know that your ideas will be heard. If you want to be a source of real, positive change for the community and the people who live in this region, then working for a company acknowledged for caring about these same things is likely a priority for you as well.
Org Marketing Statement
EOE: Protected Veterans/Disability
How To Apply
Apply online at www.oppd.com on or before March 5, 2021.
Recruiter: Laura Fritson - email@example.com
**PLEASE NOTE** - Your application has not been submitted unless you have applied for a specific requisition. If you have not chosen a specific opening, your application will remain in DRAFT form and will not be viewed by our Human Capital staff.
***OPPD is very aware of the potential risks of COVID-19 and are evaluating all necessary precautions. With that, we are limiting travel and face to face interviews until further notice, so please expect some delays in processing of your application of interest.***