OPPDs Business Technology division is looking to add a Senior Application Engineer to the Application Delivery team in support of its mission of providing reliable, affordable, and environmentally sensitive energy services. Application Delivery's vision is as a collaborative, driven, and transformative application delivery community. In this role, you will be looked upon to deliver full-stack solutions in an Agile/DevOps environment.
A few of the products you will be accountable for include, but are not limited to:
- Hexagon Geospatial Information System, CGI PragmaLine and PragmaCAD outage management and mobile work dispatch systems, Hitachi/ABB eSOMS Electronic Shift Operations Management System, MuleSoft Middleware Solutions, and many more commercial and internally developed applications.
The ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of the field including operating systems, infrastructure, networking, and security, but that will just get you in the door. What will separate you from the pack is demonstrated expertise with the following technologies, languages, and tools:
- Java, C#, Groovy, Grails, Oracle/MSSQL PLSQL
- Geospatial Information Systems
- Tomcat, Glassfish, Microsoft IIS
- Services-based application integration
- Geospatial Information Systems
- Grails web-application framework
- MuleSoft 4 or similar integration platform
The District is undertaking a massive technological transformation, and in order to pull it off, we need the best. You can expect to dig into a rewarding career with one of the most reputable employers in the entire state of Nebraska. We care about our employee's well-being; not only are we committed to providing a fair salary, but will also load you up with one of the most competitive benefits packages in the region. Last but not least, you'll be coming to work for a company where our mission, vision, and values are more than just a piece of paper. Because of our unique position, we get to live them out every day and leave every night knowing the work we put in is worth doing.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science, system analysis or related field, or a combination of education and work experience that provides the necessary skills to perform the essential job functions.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience of design and implementation experience in IT, with a deep knowledge in the following technical disciplines: middleware, database management, software development
- Strong understanding of objected oriented programming
- Must be familiar with C#, C++, Java
- Strong knowledge of multiple development languages
- Very strong knowledge of personal computer software and hardware, particularly Windows 7, Windows 10, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office product suite, Active Directory and Exchange.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills are required, including the ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively with minimum supervision. Requires exceptional organizational skills, problem solving skills, and flexibility in changing priorities.
- Be a team player with the ability to share knowledge and develop colleagues for the overall benefit of the team and organization
- Experience as a Software Architect
- Familiar with tools and platforms such as Confluence, Jira, GIT, Jenkins, Ansible.
Salary Grade: S5
Where the Light Starts
What does it mean to be the source of light? On a basic level, it means operating from a place of honesty and integrity. It's how we achieve things. How we provide affordable, reliable, environmentally sensitive energy. Because it matters. We've pledged to serve, honor, and care for this community. That means the 13 counties we service, and it means one another. It means the people right here at OPPDproudly comprised and welcoming of every creed, race, age, orientation, and color. Being where the light starts means showing up for each other and the people we serve. Doing the right thing even when no one's watching. We're proud of our commitment. We reward creative problem solving. We recognize that consistency and reliability are tremendous resources. That providing these things to the community and each other is a privilege. Because we are leading the way the future is powered. We are the source of light. Out there. In here. Everywhere.
Org Marketing Statement
EOE: Protected Veterans/Disability
How To Apply
Apply online at www.oppd.com on or before January 27, 2021.
Recruiter: Laura Fritson - firstname.lastname@example.org
**PLEASE NOTE** - Your application has not been submitted unless you have applied for a specific requisition. If you have not chosen a specific opening, your application will remain in DRAFT form and will not be viewed by our Human Capital staff.
***OPPD is very aware of the potential risks of COVID-19 and are evaluating all necessary precautions. With that, we are limiting travel and face to face interviews until further notice, so please expect some delays in processing of your application of interest.***