Shapes the design architecture based on strategic business and operating models,
- Develops strategies, standards, and frameworks, and ensures directional adherence across the business.
Responsible for leading, presenting, and moderating architectural focused activities as needed
- Prepare and present at a technical, management, and executive level
- Ensuring projects and work efforts remain compliant with the Enterprise Architecture design approved through the architecture assurance process.
Develop and maintain technology roadmaps and technology portfolios
- Insure an enterprise-wide approach during strategy and roadmaps development.
- Possess broad knowledge and perspective on both business and technology.
Provide advice and consultancy on strategy to business and IT management teams
- Communicate emerging technologies, IT trends, and best practices.
- Coordinate efforts with solutions architects to develop and maintain design standards.
- Lead the development of capabilities from conception to post deployment.
Provide cross project architectural governance that includes identifying relevant strategy, policy, and roadmap alignment
- Monitor and report on project compliance and alignment to IT strategy.
- Work with internal and external technology experts to ascertain system functional capacity, constraints, and support lifecycles.
- Evaluate and make recommendations specific to the IT services portfolio.
- Optimize to ensure business and technology efficiency and effectiveness.
- Proactively identify unnecessary complexity and efficiency gaps within the IT services portfolio. Work with BT leadership to address gaps and create remediation plans.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, Engineering, or related discipline
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in at least three IT disciplines at a technical and business level. Examples: client/server or service-oriented architecture (SOA) environment, software development, data networking, middleware, cloud, storage, virtualization, data management, or infrastructure
- Ability to produce, evangelize, and drive Enterprise Architecture concepts, roadmaps, principles, and strategies
- Ability to translate between business and technology
- Demonstrated ability to document, communicate, and influence at all levels
- Maintain an open and candid working relationship with team and immediate supervisor
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation with strong leadership skills
- Ability to effectively partner with cyber security management to ensure the application of best practices from a technical and business risk perspective
- Basic knowledge of financial models and budgeting.
- Results oriented, self-motivated, resourceful team player
- Understanding and experience with either TOGAF and/or Zachman framework
- Broad knowledge of business processes including service portfolio management, finance, asset management, high availability, disaster recovery, business continuity, and risk management
Salary Grade: S7
At Omaha Public Power District, we're passionate about three things: power, the people who make it, and the people who rely on it.
WE ARE: Where the Light Starts. OPPD is the 12th-largest public power utility in the U.S., serving over 850,000 people across 5,000 square miles and 13 counties.
WE'RE COMMITTED TO: Each other and the people we serve. This commitment drives us. We're dedicated to providing our communities with affordable, reliable, and environmentally sensitive energy services today, tomorrow, and well into the future.
OUR JOB: To provide power with a purpose. We have real impact - on people's lives, on the environment, and on the future of energy. We're always looking for bright, capable people who want an opportunity to lead from where you arewherever you are and know that your ideas will be heard. If you want to be a source of real, positive change for the community and the people who live in this region, then working for a company acknowledged for caring about these same things is likely a priority for you as well.
Org Marketing Statement
EOE: Protected Veterans/Disability
How To Apply
Apply online at www.oppd.com on or before February 2, 2021.
Recruiter: Laura Fritson - firstname.lastname@example.org
**PLEASE NOTE** - Your application has not been submitted unless you have applied for a specific requisition. If you have not chosen a specific opening, your application will remain in DRAFT form and will not be viewed by our Human Capital staff.