The Desktop Engineer creates and maintains the operating system workstation image for corporate endpoints, uses Microsoft Service Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) to package and deploy software throughout the organization. The Desktop Engineer provides excellent service and support across OPPD.
- Participates in the design, development, and support activities in the desktop engineering space that enables a simple and positive Business Partner (BP) user experience.
- Provide input to OPPD's desktop strategy, by evaluating and recommending new technologies and solutions.
- Drive hardware/software technology solutions that are user friendly, reliable and properly secured.
- Create, deploy, and maintain workstation images, seeking to automate and streamline operational tasks whenever possible.
- Performs front line support to OPPD Senior Management team and Board Members for BT provided hardware, such as personal computers, mobile devices, peripheral and collaboration equipment. This includes being on-call to provide this support as well as any other out of hours desktop support.
- Configure, implement and support a virtualized desktop environment.
- Participate in activities around planning, configuring and deploying the SCCM environment.
- Manage and maintain deployment platform.
- Automation around workstation deployment.
- Package, deploy and troubleshoot all workstation software.
- Knowledge of silent/unattended installs and scripting (Powershell).
- Manage and maintain Microsoft Bitlocker Administration and Monitoring.
- Administer System Center Endpoint Protection and Windows Defender.
- Coordinate and perform Active Directory management activities.
- Add, create and modify workstation Organizational Units (OUs)
- Administer configuration and security settings via Microsoft Group Policy
- Perform patch management activities as assigned including desktop applications i.e. Adobe, Java.
- Participate in various projects involving desktop engineering activities, share information as needed and perform required technical integration as it relates to these projects.
- Participates in preparing and maintain team procedure documentation.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to staff at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in related field and more than five (5) years performing desktop engineering, software packaging and deployment, client patching, and security remediation or a combination of education and work experience that provides the necessary skills to perform the essential job functions.
- Advanced level knowledge of and extensive experience with SCCM.
- Advanced level knowledge of personal computer software and hardware, particularly Windows 7, Windows 10, Microsoft Office product suite, Active Directory and Exchange
- Broad understanding of TCP/IP and network equipment.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills are required, including the ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision. Requires exceptional organizational skills, problem solving skills, and flexibility in changing priorities.
- Familiarity with collaboration technologies such as audio/video conferencing equipment.
- MCP Certified
- A+ Certified
- ITIL V3 Certified
Salary Grade: S3
Where the Light Starts
What does it mean to be the source of light? On a basic level, it means operating from a place of honesty and integrity. It's how we achieve things. How we provide affordable, reliable, environmentally sensitive energy. Because it matters. We've pledged to serve, honor, and care for this community. That means the 13 counties we service, and it means one another. It means the people right here at OPPDproudly comprised and welcoming of every creed, race, age, orientation, and color. Being where the light starts means showing up for each other and the people we serve. Doing the right thing even when no one's watching. We're proud of our commitment. We reward creative problem solving. We recognize that consistency and reliability are tremendous resources. That providing these things to the community and each other is a privilege. Because we are leading the way the future is powered. We are the source of light. Out there. In here. Everywhere.
Org Marketing Statement
EOE: Protected Veterans/Disability
How To Apply
Apply online at www.oppd.com on or before January 24, 2021.
Recruiter: Laura Fritson - firstname.lastname@example.org
**PLEASE NOTE** - Your application has not been submitted unless you have applied for a specific requisition. If you have not chosen a specific opening, your application will remain in DRAFT form and will not be viewed by our Human Capital staff.
***OPPD is very aware of the potential risks of COVID-19 and are evaluating all necessary precautions. With that, we are limiting travel and face to face interviews until further notice, so please expect some delays in processing of your application of interest.***
Omaha Public Power District