Department: Distribution Engineering
Location: Energy Plaza, Omaha, NE
Duration: May 2021 December 2021
Work Schedule: 7:00-3:30, 7:30-4:00, or 8:00-4:30, M-F
- Creates and updates detailed civil, structural, and electrical engineering work order layouts under the supervision of a qualified engineer for the use of creating official work order drawings and records of installations, equipment, and components from written and verbal instructions and field information.
- Completes the preparation of designs with licensed engineering approval when required, field surveys, procedures, material procurement, work orders, estimates, permits, contracts and (if applicable) atlases for the construction and modification of distribution facilities as required that are accurate and timely.
- Provides information, computations under the supervision of a qualified engineer, and drawings utilizing various computer applications to define civil, structural, and electrical requirements for projects.
- Checks drawings, records, and (if applicable) atlases for accuracy and completeness.
- Maintains a general understanding of all applicable local, state, and federal governmental requirements, Codes, Industry standards, and internal procedures and policies.
- Works directly with engineering personnel, T&D Operations, and others.
- Completes design review and as built inspections for compliance with design specifications.
- Assist in the analytics of bids, special studies, and projects related to department operations.
- Adheres to all company/departmental policies, procedures, and overarching safety expectations.
- Operates engineering scanning, copying, and plotting equipment.
- Exhibits professional behavior and promotes positive working relationships internally and externally to OPPD.
Specific fields of study required: Electrical or Civil Engineering
Min 2.7 GPA required with 3.0 GPA or higher preferred
Junior status or higher
High degree of innovation, creativity, leadership, and communication skills essential. Ability to read prints.
Technical Ability (i.e. software): Microsoft Office Suite and MicroStation software. Ability to work on multiple tasks at a time, work under stressful situations, operate a computer and other office equipment.
Other: Standing, walking, reaching, bending, lifting and carrying at least 20 pounds. May require outside site visits requiring walking on uneven terrain in a variety of weather conditions.
At Omaha Public Power District, we're passionate about three things: power, the people who make it, and the people who rely on it.
WE ARE: Where the Light Starts. OPPD is the 12th-largest public power utility in the U.S., serving over 850,000 people across 5,000 square miles and 13 counties.
WE'RE COMMITTED TO: Each other and the people we serve. This commitment drives us. We're dedicated to providing our communities with affordable, reliable, and environmentally sensitive energy services today, tomorrow, and well into the future.
OUR JOB: To provide power with a purpose. We have real impact - on people's lives, on the environment, and on the future of energy. We're always looking for bright, capable people who want an opportunity to lead from where you arewherever you are and know that your ideas will be heard. If you want to be a source of real, positive change for the community and the people who live in this region, then working for a company acknowledged for caring about these same things is likely a priority for you as well.
Org Marketing Statement
EOE: Protected Veterans/Disability
How To Apply
Apply online at www.oppd.com, on or before January 29, 2021
Darlene H. Brown, MS, PHR, SHRM-CP
Talent Acquisition Recruiter, Certified Strengths Coach and Executive Coach
HC Talent Acquisition - Human Capital Division
Direct: 531-226-3068 Cell: 402-880-3929
**PLEASE NOTE** - Your application has not been submitted unless you have applied for a specific requisition. If you have not chosen a specific opening, your application will remain in DRAFT form and will not be viewed by our Human Capital staff.
***OPPD is very aware of the potential risks of COVID-19 and are evaluating all necessary precautions. With that, we are limiting travel and face to face interviews until further notice, so please expect some delays in processing of your application of interest.***