Unique Career Opportunity!
- Love what you do. Omaha Steaks employees work every day to deliver experiences that bring families and friends together, across the country. We’re proud to sell world-famous steaks and a menu of outstanding, wholesome products. The work is worthy of our name and the exceptional customer experience makes a lasting impression.
- Big brand, small company. Your work will help define the future of an American heritage brand and household name. Omaha Steaks reach is broad and impact is huge; our team is small, adventurous, and entrepreneurial. If you’re energized by making things happen, this is the place for you.
- It’s all in the family. Literally. We’re a fifth-generation family-owned business, and they’re not peering down from boardroom windows – the owners and leadership team actually run the business every day. You’ll find genuine relationships with every employee, with a family focus on safety, health care, educational assistance, and wellness.
Great Place to Work!
- We have created a well-respected, nationwide brand based on our outstanding, wholesome products and our exceptional customer service. That makes for a great customer interaction and something our employees are very proud to be a part of.
- Despite being the nation's best-known brand of beef and the largest direct marketer of seafood, we're small enough that your contribution can make a real difference.
- The owners and the management team genuinely care about every employee. So, when it comes to things like employee safety, health care, educational assistance and wellness, we lead the way. We treat our employees with the same respect we have for our customers.
Essential job duties include:
- Places product in cooler and affixes label to container, ensuring customer receives correct item(s) and the item(s) are properly packed. Maintains company safety policies and follows them at all times.
- Visually inspects product, cooler, packaging and dry ice for cleanliness and other defects that may result in customer receipt of damaged goods or unsightly product. Follows proper procedures to reduce or eliminate product damage.
- Lifts dry ice from bins to scale and verifies weights. Places dry ice from conveyor into proper size coolers. Responsible for rejecting defective dry ice as determined by weight, specifications and packaging.
- Distinguishes between different package ship modes and affixes appropriate shipper labels.
- Performs quality control inspections of cooler to ensure that the orders are correct and properly presented. If a packing error occurs, the proper product or premium is obtained and placed in the cooler and the error is recorded. Coolers should be inspected at a rate of 75 coolers per hour.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be at least 18 years age.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to understand and follow directions accurately.
This is a full-time position. Monday through Friday. Please plan to work 5:30 a.m. until finish. Hours based on business needs.
Military veterans and their spouses are encouraged to apply.