District Manager- Philadelphia, PA Region
Omaha Steaks Springfield, PA
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Great Place to Work!
- We have created a well-respected, nationwide brand based on our outstanding, wholesome products and our exceptional customer service. That makes for a great customer interaction and something our employees are very proud to be a part of.
- Despite being the nation's best-known brand of beef and the largest direct marketer of seafood, we're small enough that your contribution can make a real difference.
- The owners and the management team genuinely care about every employee. So, when it comes to things like employee safety, health care, educational assistance and wellness, we lead the way. We treat our employees with the same respect we have for our customers.
Major Job Responsibilities/Job Duties:
- Achieves or exceeds objectives for sales, customer service and profitability for multiple locations. Recruits, hires, retains and develops the highest quality staff. Makes regular visits to all stores to ensure Omaha Steaks is a thrilling place to work and to shop.
- Develops all employees through regular unannounced visits. Consistently respects and develops the Omaha Steaks Brand and corporate philosophy in all actions.
- Accountable for area inventory management and loss prevention through regular store audits. Responsible for operational compliance of all stores to policy and procedures of company and division. Monitors quality control of all products. Responsible for protecting Company assets.
- Provides leadership for store staff and is the first line of communication for all store issues. Responsible for complete staffing of all stores through succession planning and recruitment. Ensures proper communication is shared through all communication channels up and down within the organization.
- Consistently trains and develops teams to the highest standards. Responsible for consistency in all areas.
- Responsible for attaining all corporate goals by store and by district. Handles other duties and projects as assigned. Attends and contributes to management meetings, conference calls and task forces. Participates and analyzes corporate training for stores.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 4-year college degree or equivalent in Sales or Marketing.
- 2-3 yearsâ?? retail sales and multi management experience.
- Keyboarding ability. Must be able to enter data quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to conceptualize sales programs. Fluent and assertive in all operational details of retail.
- Ability to work independently to achieve goals.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to motivate and coach others.
- Ability to qualify for the corporate credit card and maintain the account in good standing in order to fulfill the travel requirements of the position.
- Store Hours: Monday through Saturday 10am - 8pm & Sunday 10am - 6pm. The schedule will vary based on store needs.
- Military Veterans and their spouses are encouraged to apply.
| Date Posted
March 23, 2019
| Date Closes
September 19, 2019
| Located In
| SOC Category