Omaha Steaks West Hartford, CT
Location: West Hartford Center, 13 South Main Street, West Hartford, CT, 06107
Purpose of this Position:
- Recruits, hires, trains and develops an effective sales staff. Provides ongoing performance management and coaching to all store employees along with timely regular written performance appraisals and recommendations for pay increases. Provides training to ensure sales staff is providing the highest-level customer service while meeting sales and profit objectives. Coaches and motivates staff to improve individual sales performance. Creates staff work schedules to maximize sales while adhering to store budget. Develops performance improvement plans and handles disciplinary actions when necessary.
- Achieves store customer service, sales and profit objectives through staff. Meets or exceeds store standards for sales, sales per hour, and average ticket through staff. Creates a visually enticing environment and ensures directives and executes visual guidelines.
- Ensures all products and displays are merchandised effectively to maximize sales and profitability. Creates a visually enticing environment and ensures visual guidelines are properly executed. Ensures product and promotional displays are exhibited timely and accurately. Ensures freezers are organized effectively and store has proper inventory levels to maximize sales.
- Assists customers with purchasing decisions through product knowledge and established sales techniques. Makes suggestions for upgrades and add-ons to increase total sales and achieve monthly sales goals. Handles customer complaints or inquiries and resolves problems while maintaining or enhancing customer loyalty.
- Manages inventory control and protects assets of the Company. Creates profitable Manager Specials to support proper product rotation. Orders and maintains physical inventory and operating supplies in order to maximize sales and profits.
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Savings Plan
- Employee Discount Program â?? starts first day on the job.
- Company Bonus Plan â?? based on company performance.
- Educational Assistance Program â?? must work at least 20 hours a week
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Disability Insurance
Essential job duties:
- Provides the highest level of sales, customer service and satisfaction when assisting the Customer.
- Hire, trains, retains and supervises store employees. Provides ongoing performance management and coaching to all store employees along with timely annual written performance appraisals. Assists District Manager with training for store employees on an ongoing basis. Recruits regularly.
- Achieves or exceeds store customer service, sales and profit objectives. Meets or exceeds store standards for sales, sales per hour, and average ticket. Coaches staff to constantly improve sales standards.
- Manages inventory control. Orders and maintains physical inventory and operating supplies in order to maximize sales and profits.
- Handles day-to-day operations. Maintains clear understanding of store operations and updates training manuals. Responsible for store opening and closing on time. Answers and resolves store alarms and equipment issues.
- Maintains storeâ??s neat and clean appearance at all times. Ensures product and promotional displays are exhibited timely and accurately.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2-year college degree in sales or marketing or equivalent.
- Exemplary customer service and communication skills.
- One to two years retail sales and supervisory/management experience required.
- Store Hours: Monday through Saturday 10-8pm & Sunday 10-6pm. The work schedule will vary based on store needs.
- Military Veterans and spouses are encouraged to apply.
| Date Posted
June 29, 2018
| Date Closes
July 29, 2018
| Located In
West hartford, CT
| SOC Category