NICO National Indemnity Company
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway group of insurance companies, we offer outstanding opportunities for professionals interested in working with a successful company. We offer unparalleled financial strength, stability and "large company" benefits, in addition to an exciting, friendly, "small company" atmosphere.
*** This is NOT a remote position but can be located in Valencia, CA, Denver, CO or Omaha, NE ***
Pacific Gateway insurance has an immediate opening for an Accounting Coordinator. This person is responsible for collection of all invoiced premium. Requests return premium checks from Home Office and deposits into PGIA account monies received by both check or wire transfer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prints monthly producer statements from accounting system. Identifies all additional premiums and return premiums.
- Reviews underwriting files and status on all polices with return premiums due.
- Receives vendor invoices and employee expense reports.
- Posts all payments received to accounting system. Prepares deposit slips.
- Follows-up on all past due balances and sends policies to cancellation department.
- Keeps track of cancellation dates to comply with Department of Insurance requirements.
- Post company checks.
- Maintains Petty Cash
- High school diploma or GED and vocational courses such as accounting or equivalent
- Basic accounting
- Basic math
- Personal computer and related software
- Alpha/numeric filing
- 1-2 years related work experience
- Knowledge of insurance terminology (Preferred)
Skills and Abilities:
- Typing 30 wpm with accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Excellent grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Work accurately with detail
- Work well with others and independently
- Read/comprehend documents
- Compile, organize, compute and verify data
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Work overtime as deadline requires
- Train others in work procedures
- Identify and solve problems
- Meets multiple daily deadlines
- Organize workflow, time and resources efficiently
- Make decisions, such as referrals, concerning incoming correspondence, calls and information under time pressure
- Flexible and effective handling of multiple priorities
In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the good faith pay range for this job is $21.64 - $25.00 per hour. This range is an estimate, based on potential employee qualifications, operational needs and other considerations permitted by law. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range as permitted by Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule 4.1.2. This good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state of Colorado, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
A comprehensive benefits package is available for regular, full-time employees, including health, vision, dental, life and disability insurance as well as a 401(k) with company match. We also proudly offer 100% upfront tuition reimbursement to regular, full-time employees, to further your education. Our Omaha office boasts a complimentary state-of-the-art, on-site gym, a robust wellness program, low-cost downtown parking, and numerous volunteer and networking opportunities with other emerging professionals.