NICO National Indemnity Company
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway group of insurance companies, we offer outstanding opportunities for professionals interested in working with a successful company. We offer unparalleled financial strength, stability and "large company" benefits, in addition to an exciting, friendly, "small company" atmosphere.
Responsible for surplus lines filings of Company Owned Agencies. Responsible for producer licensing activities for all NICO Group Companies, Divisional and Company Owned Agencies including continuing education and database management. Prepares new and revised Agency Agreements, Limited Agency Agreements, Binding Authority pages and Commission Schedules; obtains current agency financial information and errors and omissions renewal policies. Responsible for setup and maintenance of National Indemnity Company and Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies appointed agencies. Responsible for producer appointment activities for all NICO Group Companies, Divisional and Company Owned Agencies and Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies.
- Sets up and maintains National Indemnity Company and Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies agencies.
- Obtains monthly, quarterly and year-end surplus lines written premium detail from Company Owned Agencies. Maintains permanent records of such filings and reports
- Reviews new and renewal policies for proper licensed producer information and resulting producer appointment.
- Maintains agency files including agency status forms, signed copies of Agency Agreements, financial statements, bank reports, binding authorities, proof of errors and omissions insurance, etc. using appropriate software and document management system
- Prepares new and renewal producer license applications and other documents for completeness and accuracy in accordance with state insurance department requirements
- Analyzes agencies' surplus lines premium reports at year end for accuracy and requests corrections.
- Corresponds with agencies to request updated financial information, E&O renewal policies, and other reports as needed by management.
- May assist in researching insurance laws/regulations on a variety of surplus lines, company licensing, producer appointment and licensing, and related topics.
- Performs related duties as situation dictates such as participating in special projects, processing subscription renewals and purchasing various marketing gifts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Required Knowledge:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- Personal computer and related word processing, spreadsheet, and database software
- Business math
- Alpha/numeric filing
- 1 to 2 years work experience
- Specific knowledge of certain company procedures and practices
- Surplus lines laws and requirements
- State laws and regulations on license and appointment requirements
- Insurance and legal terminology
- Excellent verbal and written communication with all levels of the organization and with Agents
- Excellent grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Personal computer and related software such as Word, Excel, and Access
- Work with detail with accuracy
- Read/comprehend insurance department directives and bulletins
- Read/comprehend/document and carry out written and verbal instructions
- Review records for accuracy, completeness, and adherence to guidelines
- Work independently
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Meet deadlines
- Handle multiple tasks at any one given time
A comprehensive benefits package is available for regular, full-time employees, including health, vision, dental, life and disability insurance as well as a 401(k) with company match. We also proudly offer 100% upfront tuition reimbursement to regular, full-time employees, to further your education. Our Omaha office boasts a complimentary state-of-the-art, on-site gym, a robust wellness program, low-cost downtown parking, and numerous volunteer and networking opportunities with other emerging professionals.