Company:NICO National Indemnity Company
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway group of insurance companies, we offer outstanding opportunities for professionals interested in working with a successful company. We offer unparalleled financial strength, stability and "large company" benefits, in addition to an exciting, friendly, "small company" atmosphere.
National Indemnity Company (NICO) is one of the leading property/casualty members of the Berkshire Hathaway group of insurance companies, boasting the highest possible financial strength rating by A.M. Best. Located in Omaha, NE and backed by a wealth of experience, National Indemnity Company offers one of the widest selections of commercial insurance products in the industry and the stability that agents and insureds have depended on for decades.
We have a need for temporary help in our Underwriting Department.
Hours: Between 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- 20-30 hours per week during the school year depending on the applicant's schedule
- 30-40 hours per week in the summer
Salary: $15.00 per hour and up
Duties in the Underwriting Department include:
- Evaluating risk acceptability based on driver quality, loss history, and overall business operations
- Identifying and communicating potential problems to lead underwriter(s)
- Communicating pricing decisions to agents and answer questions
During this internship, the student will gain:
- Fundamental concepts of insurance (including coverages & pricing)
- An understanding of basic commercial auto insurance underwriting
- Sophomore, junior, or senior
- Major in business, math, or equivalent
- Work with detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of basic math
- Excellent grammar, proofreading and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines