Company:NICO National Indemnity Company
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway group of insurance companies, we offer outstanding opportunities for professionals interested in working with a successful company. We offer unparalleled financial strength, stability and "large company" benefits, in addition to an exciting, friendly, "small company" atmosphere.
Provide basic support for all Claim Department activities in accordance with Company and Claim Department standards, processes and workflows, including but not limited to: (a) create records of new reported losses in ClaimCenter ("CC") and ImageRight; (b) respond to telephone status inquiries from Agents, Claimants, Insureds, and others. (c) correctly identify and process incoming mail and documents including new reported losses, suits, and other items requiring special attention; (d)prepare form and template correspondence and other documents to Insureds, Claimants, and others; (e)issue approved payments.
- May receive and initially review non-digital documents and communications, as well as facsimiles, email, information received at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, and other digital documents and communications received in Claim Department including: (a) determining whether communication or document relates to new or previously reported loss, or is unrelated to any Company Policy or Claim; (b) recognizing checks payable to Company, motor vehicle titles, customer satisfaction surveys, communications and documents relating to fatalities, major oil spills or fires, time-limited demands, service of process and other communications and documents requiring special attention; (c) identifying materials received in Claim Department too large to include in ImageRight Claim File; and (d) recording certified, special delivery and other "tracked" mail; (e) initiate new Claim File in CC and ImageRight including: (f) identify applicable Company Policy and assign Claim Number; (g) complete initial portion of claim record in CC; (h) create new Claim File in ImageRight; and (i) manually route first notice of loss document to appropriate Processing Staff for completion of initial CC record and commitment to Company mainframe.
- May review imaged documents including: (a) determine appropriate ImageRight Claim File, Folder and Document Type; (b) determine responsible Examiner or Specialist; and (c) manually route document to responsible Examiner or Specialist.
- May process (a) documents to be included in ImageRight Claim File by completing appropriate directions and forwarding to Company Scanning unit; (b) new suits by providing copies to responsible individuals and recording in Suit Register; (c) Releases, Powers of Attorney, motor vehicle titles and other documents by directing to appropriate files or individuals and updating databases; (d) claim-related items received in Claim Department but unsuitable for placement in ImageRight Claim File due to size, creating records and directing to appropriate repository; and (e) directing all communications and documents requiring special attention to appropriate individuals in accordance with Claim Operations procedures.
- May: (a) utilize CC forms and other template documents to prepare correspondence to Insureds, Claimants, Independent Adjusters, attorneys and others as directed by Examiners and Specialists; (b) complete mailing process, prepare copies and direct copies or images of outgoing documents to appropriate ImageRight Claim File, Folder and Document Type; (c) prepare copies of Claim File excerpts identified by Examiners and Specialists for delivery to counsel, independent adjusters or others; and (d) enter information regarding Claimants, total loss vehicles and other vehicles, individuals and events in ISO ClaimSearch, Medicare query database and other databases and may add information obtained in response to such entries to Claim File.
- May assist Examiners and Specialists in the investigation of assigned losses by: (a) requesting public records, accessing public and subscription databases, and conducting similar generic research and investigation; (b) reporting information received to Examiners and Specialists and adding to Claim File as appropriate; and (c) processing claim level changes through CC as directed by Examiners and Specialists.
- May submit information to ISO, DOJ, IRS, CMS, state motor vehicle title authorities and others as required.
- May communicate by telephone with Insureds, Claimants and others: (a) as directed by answering telephone calls directed to others; (b) to provide limited, basic information to callers as permitted by Company and Claim Operations procedures; and (c) to record and process messages and transfer callers to other Claim Operations individuals or Company personnel as appropriate.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
*High school diploma or GED and additional vocational courses
*1 to 2 years related work experience
*Personal computer and related software