Company:NICO National Indemnity Company
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway group of insurance companies, we offer outstanding opportunities for professionals interested in working with a successful company. We offer unparalleled financial strength, stability and "large company" benefits, in addition to an exciting, friendly, "small company" atmosphere.
Reviews new and/or renewal policies and applications for acceptability and profitability within Company's guidelines. Receives, records and assigns new underwriting submissions to underwriters. Assists underwriters with new and renewal accounts by entering information into rating software, prepares new and renewal binds for policy issuance, serves as quality assurance technician for various issuance, endorsement, and other necessary documents required. Communicates with agents for missing information, signed documentation and clarification of various items on behalf of the underwriters.
- Reviews and records new business submissions into ImageRight for Underwriting. Determines what underwriter is responsible for the risk based upon territory, agency and other items and assigns the risk to that individual. Reviews the submission for acceptability within Company guidelines and completeness and identifies any major areas of concern for the underwriter to review.
- Identifies and/or reviews proper classification of risk and may enter risk into rating software for underwriter review for new business submissions.
- Examines and evaluates inspection reports, MVRs, loss data, audits, and other available information to determine degree of risk and identifies risk improvement or need for termination and makes recommendations to Underwriters.
- Communicates with Company Underwriters and Agents to provide quotes, instructions, obtain supplemental underwriting information, obtain necessary signed forms, or provide other assistance as needed.
- Requests updated information from agents such as driver's lists, stated values, building values, building ages, construction types, and other risk exposures. Reviews received information for inconsistencies in the data and makes recommendations to the underwriter for changes. Identifies and/or reviews proper classification of risk and may enter risk into rating software for underwriter review for renewal business. May release renewal quotes to agents within authority.
- Verifies in the Agency Management System (AMS) that the appropriate producer licenses are in place for the risks quoted. Calls to obtain the necessary license information with the various agencies at the direction of the Underwriter if information is missing.
- Assists in the set up and issuance of newly written polices by completing information missing that is required for policy issuance. May complete the information in either the rating or issuance software products. Makes rating changes to the new policy based on information received at time of binding within authority. Verifies accuracy of the information captured in the rating software and sends completed information to the issuance unit for publication.
- Participates in the research and evaluation process required to identify where new computer applications and software would provide better information and/or make workflow easier and more efficient. Participates in the testing of new computer applications and software enhancements.
- May take inbound calls from agents requesting information on existing submissions and handles the agent request or routes the request on to the appropriate underwriter.
- Assists in the entry of large accounts into the rating software and large account pricing models as directed by Underwriting.
- Performs related duties as situation dictates such as participating in special projects, etc.
- High school diploma or GED or equivalent and two years college or equivalent
- Basic math, rating
- Personal computer related software such as Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.)
- 2-3 years related work experience
- PC hardware/software capabilities and limitations
- Insurance terminology
- Policy coverages, endorsements, etc.
- Company and department practices and procedures
- Insurance related courses such as CPCU, IIA, or AU
- Company guidelines on acceptability and profitability for applications/accounts/policies
A comprehensive benefits package is available for regular, full-time employees, including health, vision, dental, life and disability insurance as well as a 401(k) with company match. We also proudly offer 100% upfront tuition reimbursement to regular, full-time employees, to further your education. Our Omaha office boasts a complimentary state-of-the-art, on-site gym, a robust wellness program, low-cost downtown parking, and numerous volunteer and networking opportunities with other emerging professionals.
National Indemnity Company