National Indemnity Company Omaha, NE
NICO National Indemnity Company
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway group of insurance companies, we offer outstanding opportunities for professionals interested in working with a successful company. We offer unparalleled financial strength, stability and "large company" benefits, in addition to an exciting, friendly, "small company" atmosphere.
*Candidates must be local and able to work in Omaha for at least 2 semesters while taking on a full-time course load.*
This internship will give the qualified candidate an opportunity to obtain valuable experience. Duties involve collaborating with others as well as working independently and include the following:
- Completes monthly U.S. and international bank account reconciliations and other selected general ledger account reconciliations as needed.
- Assists with various general account reconciliations, journal entries and schedules as needed.
- Assists with the preparation of various schedules needed for the annual audited financial statements and notes for one or two assigned companies.
- May assist with with gathering information, updating files and other miscellaneous tasks related to the company's conversion to a new general ledger system.
- Update workflow documentation as needed.
- Assists with routine audit requests.
- Assists department personnel with various ad hoc projects.
- Ad hoc Internet research, occasional spreadsheet preparation, occasional clerical filing, copying, scanning, and data organization.
- Prefer Junior or enrolled in or completed Intermediate Accounting I
- Accounting or Finance major and maintain full-time course load during internship
- Proficiency with personal computers and software such as Excel and Word
- Excellent grammar, proofreading, and oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
Hours: Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
Flexible; generally between 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Approximately 14-20 hours per week depending on the applicant's schedule. More hours available in Summer (up to 40 hours per week)
Starting Fall 2019 through Summer 2019 and hopefully beyond.
Salary:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
$14.25 per hour and up depending upon experience.
1314 Douglas Street (Omaha World-Herald Building)
A comprehensive benefits package is available for regular, full-time employees, including health, vision, dental, life and disability insurance as well as a 401(k) with company match. We also proudly offer 100% upfront tuition reimbursement to regular, full-time employees, to further your education. Our Omaha office boasts a complimentary state-of-the-art, on-site gym, a robust wellness program, low-cost downtown parking, and numerous volunteer and networking opportunities with other emerging professionals.
| Date Posted
September 20, 2019
| Date Closes
October 20, 2019
| Located In
Finance NICO Reporting
| SOC Category