NICO National Indemnity Company
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway group of insurance companies, we offer outstanding opportunities for professionals interested in working with a successful company. We offer unparalleled financial strength, stability and "large company" benefits, in addition to an exciting, friendly, "small company" atmosphere.
We have an immediate opening for a Human Resources Administrator who will be responsible for administration of leave of absences, STD and LTD claims, workers' compensation claims and reporting, and evaluation of ADA of requests for accommodation. Investigates employee relations issues as needed. Maintains strict confidentiality. Provides excellent customer service and assistance to employees, supervisors and management.
- Administration of leave of absences such as, FMLA, Company leaves and military leaves.
- Interpretation and administration of leave programs and policies and insures compliance with applicable laws.
- Administers short-term disability (STD) and long-term disability (LTD) claims for eligible employees.
- Responsible for administration of workers' compensation claims.
- Communicates with employees and supervisors about the leave status and relevant Company policies, and the impact of benefits.
- Evaluates Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requests for accommodation and enters into the interactive dialogue with employees.
- Produces reporting metrics and analytics for all leave cases, workers' compensation claims and ADA requests and accommodations
- Investigates employee relations issues as needed.
- Assists in the creation and facilitation of leave administration, workers' compensation, ADA and employee relations training programs.
- Performs special projects or related duties as assigned or as situation dictates
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent
- 2 -3 years related work experience
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Power Point and other related software
- Basic math through algebra and business statistics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with all levels of the Company
- Excellent analytical, human relations and presentation skills
- Ability to identify key concerns and issues
- Ability to work with detail with accuracy
- Ability to identify and analyze problems, generate solutions and implement recommendations
- Handle multiple high priorities and meet deadlines
- Insurance terminology
- Human Resources laws and practices (Workers' Compensation, Americans with Disabilities Act, Family and Medical Leave Act)
- Professional Human Resources Accreditation
National Indemnity Company offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes insurance, retirement plan with company match, educational assistance reimbursement paid at 100% up front, comprehensive wellness program and many other benefits.