Company:NICO National Indemnity Company
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway group of insurance companies, we offer outstanding opportunities for professionals interested in working with a successful company. We offer unparalleled financial strength, stability and "large company" benefits, in addition to an exciting, friendly, "small company" atmosphere.
Serves as resource responsible for coordinating technology work orders ranging from minor to routine repairs/enhancements. Requires basic knowledge of General IT Practices and Procedures regarding the company's IT Service Desk operations software. Participates in monitoring systems/network activities, responding to phone calls and alerts, diagnosing problems and notifying appropriate parties as defined by documented procedures. Uses existing documentation to identify, troubleshoot and repair problems.
- Under close supervision, provides customer service to Company's internal and, on occasion, external customers by answering phones; identifying and clarifying reported issues, monitoring service desk e-mail: and assigning, and creating work orders as directed.
- Under close supervision, provides first level support when proper documentation exists and required rights and access have been granted. Uses various systems and network applications and interfaces to troubleshoot and resolve first level support issues.
- Serves as coordinator responsible for monitoring the key resources which provide system/network status and exceptions. Identifies, notifies, and escalates significant system issues to the appropriate on-call team for immediate attention and timely resolution. Responds as directed and as necessary to notifications and alerts which indicate a situation requiring attention, takes the documented proper actions in response to the situation/incident, contacts appropriate parties, and tracks the incident status and progress, as defined by documented procedures.
- Under close supervision, performs routine mainframe operations duties, which include: running and monitoring test and production jobs, printing, and backups.
- Under close supervision, and using pre-established guidelines: identifies, documents, manages and escalates urgent work orders to the appropriate team for immediate attention and timely resolution.
- Under close supervision, refers to management those items requiring approval for software or rights/access; or a deeper understanding of the complexity of the problem.
- Performs pre-defined backup tape rotation duties for daily and weekly backups. Coordinates with offsite storage vendor to ensure that specific scheduled tapes are ready for scheduled pickup upon courier's arrival.
- Performs related duties as situations dictate.
*Associate degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field or equivalent
*Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures for IT-related items
*2-3 years related work experience
*Shift work including overnight requirements
Windows desktop & server operating systems
PC hardware knowledge
Department practices and procedures
Insurance related background
PC communication hardware/software
National Indemnity Company offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes insurance, retirement plan with company match, educational assistance reimbursement paid at 100% up front, comprehensive wellness program and many other benefits.
|Date Posted||September 17, 2019|
|Date Closes||October 17, 2019|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Department||Service Information Technology|